Case Management Service
What is Case Management?
The Case Management team is a group of twelve nurse case managers who work in the community throughout the Western Trust. They work with adults from age 18 and up who have the long-term conditions:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
The team support patients and clients by educating them and their carer about a condition and help you to make decisions about health, well-being and lifestyle. They link with all the other health professionals as it can be difficult for you to find the right person to help yourself.
Why would you need case management?
The team will assist with:
- Help you spot health and social problems and take early action to improve your health and prevent deterioration
- Help you to understand and then manage your condition
- Reduce your need to attend your doctor or to be admitted to hospital
- Follow up on tests, equipment, appointments and services
- Supply machines that can help you to check your blood pressure, weight, etc at home
- Refer you to other services, for aids such as a lifeline or voluntary groups.
When, where, how, who?
The Case Management team work Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm.
The Case Managers will make an appointment with you to visit. Contact is as regular as needed and may be both visits at home and telephone contact.
Referrals can come from any health and social care worker.