Urgent Care and Treatment Centre, Omagh Hospital
The Urgent Care and Treatment Centre (UCTC) at the Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex is a Nurse-led Minor Injuries Unit which is operational 24 hours a day and is fully supported by 24/7 x-ray facility.
The team consists of Emergency Nurse Practitioners who will see, treat and discharge the full range of presenting minor injuries. Minor injuries include:
- Minor head injuries, where there has been no loss of consciousness
- Scalp wounds
- Facial injuries, which include eye injuries e.g. – Foreign body in eye
- Suturing for minor wounds
- Eye infection
- Shoulder, arm, hand sprains and fractures
- Lower limb sprains and fractures, all of which can be x-rayed on site and treated appropriately and referred for follow up at outpatient clinics
- Bites, stings, skin infections
- Receive patients with chest pain and refer to the adjacent Cardiac Assessment Unit
The staff receive telephone advice from Emergency Department Consultants in both the South West Acute and Altnagelvin Hospitals and use tele-medicine to assist with diagnosis.
The Phone First service is designed for patients, including children, who are feeling unwell and considering travelling to an Emergency Department or Urgent Care Treatment Centre with an injury or illness which requires urgent treatment but is not immediately life threatening.
When you call the Phone First service your condition, or that of the person you are calling on behalf of, will be clinically assessed and arrangements made for you to access the most appropriate service to your needs.
The ‘Phone First’ number to ring is 0300 020 6000
The ‘Phone First’ text relay number is 0870 240 5152
Phone First is available from 8am – 12am
Telephone advice is available overnight – 12 midnight to 8.00am by contacting 028 8283 3169.
The Urgent Care and Treatment Centre is located to the left hand side of the main building, and is signposted from the entrance.
CRIS – Crisis Resource and Information Support
If you are worried about your mental health, this card provides details of supports you can access.