Working In The West
The Western Trust is a vibrant and exciting place to pursue a career. Part of the NHS, the health and social care system in Northern Ireland provides ample opportunity to make your career stimulating, challenging and rewarding.
We have set out our shared purpose and commitment to the local population and our staff. Through a process of extensive engagement and listening we have come to a shared understanding of our purpose expressed through four key ambitions underpinned by a commitment to ensuring compassionate care in all we do.
We want the Western Trust area to be a…
- Great Place to Work
- Great Place to Start Life
- Great Place to Live Well
- Great Place to Grow Older
Our ambition is to:
- To achieve and maintain a workforce, who are healthy in relation to their physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing
- Provide a workplace that is safe, supportive and health promoting
- Support staff to develop their skills and expertise and find suitable career paths at all levels.
We offer employment opportunities for:
- those who have left school with no formal qualifications
- those who have some qualifications academic or vocational but who did not progress on to further education
- those who are already working towards a professional qualification
- those who are already professionally qualified
There are a range of career paths for which new entrants and existing staff can apply depending on their qualifications and experience. There is a structured approach to training and development in the Western Trust. Under the appraisal processes, each staff member will have a clear understanding of what is expected of them in their roles, how they can develop in their role and how to prepare for future roles in the Western Trust.
Staff will have the opportunity to attend training and development opportunities, which have been deemed as mandatory or for job or personal development. Staff who wish to study for formal work related qualifications may also receive financial assistance and the relevant time off to attend the course. Study and examination leave may also be available.