Information Disclosure Log
Information Disclosure Log
Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI)
To obtain a copy of any of the responses to the FOI requests listed below, please send an email or write to the Trust’s FOI Office as follows:
Or write to: FOI Office, Lime Villa, Gransha Park, Clooney Road, Londonderry BT47 6WJ
Please provide: your full name; your contact details; the request reference number for the request / response you are interested in
Use the search bar to search for a keyword in the Disclosure Log below.
|Request Reference Number||Request Category||Summary of Information Request|
|FOI/19/001||Medical Negligence statistics||Request for details of cases when individuals were successfully awarded Compensation.
|FOI/19/002||Cancelled operations / Surgeries||How many operations has the Trust had to cancelled in 2018? If possible, provide a break down of how many operations have been cancelled in each month?|
|FOI/19/003||Dermatology||Details re.: population covered, number of Consultant Dermatologists employed, number of locum doctors working in dermatology, number of locum doctors working in dermatology who are not on the specialist register, number of locum doctors working in dermatology who are not on the specialist register and are working in isolation, if the Trust has dermatology services available for ward patients and emergency room (ER), number of Consultant Dermatologists that undertake community clinics, do any Consultant Dermatologists employed by the Trust work wholly in the community?|
|FOI/19/004||Ambulance service details||Details on ambulance services; the number of nights in 2018 when only 2 ambulances were on duty, average and longest waiting time for response from an ambulance in 2018, the WHSCT ambulance budget for Derry for 2015-8 including total staffing budget, number of instances that a 999 call has taken longer than ten minutes and each 5 minute interval up to an hour in 2018 from call to the ambulance arriving on the scene, if Derry-based ambulance service has had to call for assistance from a neighbouring site in 2018 and how many times.
|FOI/19/005||Sleep tests||Information on the number of sleep tests provided by your Health and Social Care Trust over the past ten years (2008-2018); To find accurate information on sleep tests I am therefore writing to HSCs at an individual level to ask if is is possible to have information on: • The numbers of sleep tests performed by your HSC annually from 2008-2018 (if possible broken down into the OPCS codes (A84.7 : sleep tests not classified elsewhere (NEC) and U33.1 Polysomnography (including cardiopulmonary sleep studies) • Waiting times (2008-2018) associated with:
o A84.7 Sleep tests not classified elsewhere (NEC) and
o U33.1 Polysomnography (including cardiopulmonary sleep studies)
|FOI/19/006||Settled status||1. Is your NHS Trust/ Group offering to cover the cost of application fees for staff who apply for Settled Status? 2. Is your NHS Trust/ Group also offering to cover the costs of Settled Status applications for the families of members of staff?
3. What is the current estimate for the total cost to the NHS Trust/ Group for covering Settled Status application fees?
4. What is the total amount that the NHS Trust/ Group has budgeted to cover Settled Status application fees?
|FOI/19/007||Mental Health support||How many people are currently on the waiting list for mental health support following referral from GP or other medical professional? In relation to the current waiting list, what is the longest length of time that someone has been waiting? How many have been waiting that long? What is the average waiting time? How many on the waiting list are under 18?|
|FOI/19/008||Waiting times for 1st consultations (Paediatrics)||Can you give the duration a patient referred on 7th January 2019 will expect to wait for a first consultation for each of the following, broken down by urgent and routine appointments? [LIST PROVIDED]|
|FOI/19/009||Waiting times for 1st consultations||1) Can you give the duration a patient referred on 7th January 2019 will expect to wait for a first consultation for each of the following, broken down by urgent and routine appointments? 2) What is the current length of time a patient should expect to wait for a review appointment scheduled for six months/12 months/18 months in each of the following specialties:|
|FOI/19/010||Missing people from Trust hospitals||Details about people reported missing from Trust hospitals: number of times, have they been declared found, impact on resources, cost to Ttust, is discharge without informing hospital a breach of law?|
|FOI/19/011||Private ambulance contract tender||Details about Private Ambulance Contract tender submitted by all parties for the year 2016 – 2017 & 2017 – 2018.|
|FOI/19/012||Children missing from residential care||Information in separate categories for each of the following years: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018; number of children in care (e.g. living in a residential care home or in a foster placement) have been recorded/ reported as going missing? Of these, for each year, the youngest age of a child in care recorded as going missing?
Of these, for each year, the longest period of time that a child in care has been recorded as going missing?
|FOI/19/013||System your Trust uses to record clinical and non-clinical incidents||1.?Does your Trust use an electronic system to record and manage clinical and non-clinical incidents including patient safety incidents? 2. If yes to question 1, what is the name of the system you use to record and manage clinical and non-clinical incidents within the Trust?
3. In relation to the system named in question 2, do you use the system for any other functions other than the reporting and management of incidents?
4. If yes to question 3, could you please detail what additional functions the system is used for (i.e complaints management and risk management)?
5. Could you please provide the cost of the system named in question 2 for the last financial year (2017/18)?
6. If possible, could you please provide the cost of the system named in question 2 for the last 5 financial years?
|FOI/19/014||Ophthalmology||Within your Trust how many Intra-vltreat vials / Implants have been used in the latest 4 months, if possible between September and December ’18. Please state the number of vials dispensed from your pharmacy in this period, if the number of wet AMD is not known, then regardless of reason for use.|
|FOI/19/015||Eating disorders (intensive outpatient treatment)||Does your Health and Social Care Trust provide any intensive outpatient treatment for patients with Eating Disorders, for example, a day treatment programme or home treatment (or another model of intensive outpatient treatment)? We are interested in programmes for both children and young people, and/ or adults. If 'Yes, further queries about models used.|
|FOI/19/016||Corporate software/enterprise applications||Contract details about corporate software/enterprise applications.|
|FOI/19/017||Brexit delivery plans / no deal scenario plan||Please provide all submissions to the Department of Health’s EU Exit Group on your day one delivery planning exercise and no deal scenario plans.|
|FOI/19/018||Asthma??patients aged 18 and over have been treated?[with a drug]||Asthma??patients and treatments with certain drugs [LIST PROVIDED]|
|FOI/19/019||Cost of an acute hospital bed day||Could you please provide me with the estimated cost of an acute hospital bed day in the Western Trust, whether this be the individual cost for each of the Trust’s acute hospitals or an average cost for the whole Trust?|
|FOI/19/020||Child burn statistics||I would like to know how many children were admitted to your hospitals after suffering burns due to hot drinks being spilt on them for the following years; 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. Further details requested about severity, treatment, where the incident occurred, costs.|
|FOI/19/021||Staff compensation||Number and nature of compensation claims brought against your organisation by members of staff who have sustained an injury or contracted a disease while employed your organisation since January 2016 to the present time (last 3 years). Year by year breakdown detailing the following; • Details of the injury (i.e. moving and handling injury, slips/trips/falls and so on)
• Staff role if known (i.e. staff nurse, doctor)
• Whether compensation was paid
• The total amount of compensation paid
• If information available, any action taking following the incident (i.e. additional training, non-slip flooring and so on)
|FOI/19/022||Locum spend||wn numerically. Ideally this would read as below - January 2018 - £80k Community - £200k Acute
ID Medical – SPR x 2 Consultant x1
Athona – SHO x 2
RIG – Consultant x 1
RIG- Consultant x1
Your World- Consultant x1
|FOI/19/023||Looked After Children||RE: Looked After Children for each of the last four financial years (including 2017/18); how many looked after children were placed in children's homes within the authority area, how many missing episodes occurred involving looked after children placed in children's homes within the authority area, how many looked after children went missing from children’s homes on 10 or more occasions in a single year, how many looked after children placed in children's homes within the local authority who went missing were never found (i.e. no agency learned of their whereabouts|
|FOI/19/024||MS disease modifying drugs||In your trust how many patients with Multiple Sclerosis have been treated with MS disease modifying drugs in the past 6 months, latest 6 months that you can provide? Please provide the number of patients by treatment for the following disease modifying drugs [LIST OF DRUGS PROVIDED]|
|FOI/19/025||People waiting on care packages||As of 15 January 2019 the number of persons waiting for a care package due to no capacity in any of the appropriate domiciliary providers, and how many of those are currently residing in a hospital (broken down by hospital site)?|
|FOI/19/026||Hospital discharges||How many patients who were discharged from an acute hospital setting during 2018 waited longer than the agreed maximum waiting time for discharge due to no capacity in domiciliary care providers, broken down by Hospital site|
|FOI/19/027||Delayed discharges||How many delayed discharges there were in 2018 and what was the total scale of the delays (in days)?|
|FOI/19/028||Cancelled operations / Surgeries||The total number of operations that were cancelled in each of the last three calendar years for?non-clinical reasons, broken down by hospital site.|
|FOI/19/029||Assaults on staff||The total number of recorded 1.) verbal and 2.) physical assaults on a.) doctors b.)nurses and c.) all other HSC staff in each of the last three calendar years, broken down by hospital site.|
|FOI/19/030||Hospital beds||The average number of 1.) all available beds and 2.) hospital beds by sector (ie acute, older persons etc) at each hospital site in a.) 2010/11 b.) 2015/16 and c.) to date in 2018/19.|
|FOI/19/031||Waiting times on autism assessment||How many children are currently waiting for an autism spectrum assessment; and how this compares to each of the previous three years?|
|FOI/19/032||Gap between funded capacity and patient demand||The gap between the funded capacity and patient demand, broken down by speciality for (i.) new outpatient appointments (ii.) inpatient/day case treatment and (iii.) key modality for diagnostics for 2018/19.|
|FOI/19/033||Digital dictation||Do you use Digital Dictation? If yes, could you please answer the following questions: • Do you use Speech Recognition? If yes, could you please answer the following questions:
• Do you use Outsourced Transcription? If yes, could you please answer the following questions:
• What suppliers do you use for the following health information systems?
|FOI/19/034||Supplier of Electronic prescribing and medicines||Who is the Trust's current supplier for their Electronic prescribing and medicines administration? • What is the contract start and end date for the Electronic prescribing and medicines administration?
• What is the annual cost for the Electronic prescribing and medicines administration?
|FOI/19/035||Number of hospital staff accessing the trust's staff mental health/counselling service||1.Does the hospital trust have a staff support and counselling service? If yes, what is it called? e.g. the Staff Support and Counselling Service? 2. How many staff members used the service in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
3. Please confirm if you record the overall reasons why staff are accessing the service; e.g. you may have headings like, ‘personal stressors (including anxiety/depression)’ and ‘work related stressors (including anxiety and depression)’, etc.
4 If time allows, please give a breakdown of the reasons staff are accessing the service, e.g. 2018, 40%/40 people for personal stressors and 60%/60 people for work related stressors.
|FOI/19/036||Hospital Chaplains||Detailed request about the number of employed Religious Chaplains currently working in the trust both full time and part time and pro rata; annual costs, unpaid volunteers, details of Full time and Part time, copy of admission form, details of any surveys carried out in last 5 years to evaluate patient satisfaction with chaplaincy.|
|FOI/19/037||Attacks on healthcare staff||Number of doctors, nurses, Health staff who were attacked in hospitals while on duty for years 2017 & 2018.|
|FOI/19/038||Tyrone County Hospital site||How much does it cost to have round the clock security at the Tyrone County Hospital and how much has been paid so far?|
|FOI/19/039||Autism||The number of children in your Trust area waiting to be assessed for Autism. The length of time they have been waiting already. The average length of time a child has to wait to be assessed.
The above information broken down by age and gender.
|FOI/19/040||For the past 5 years the amount of deaths that have occurred in the A&E units||For the past 5 years the amount of deaths that have occurred in the A&E units. Details to include: 1. Date
2. Unit Name
3. Gender Of Patient
4. Age Of Patient
5. How long was the patient in the A&E before the death occurred 5. Was the death investigated? If the death was investigated please provide along with this request a copy of the investigation
|FOI/19/041||Autopsies||For each of the years 2014, 2015 and 2016 please may you provide; 1. The total number of adult (aged 17 and above) deaths within your Trust (on Trust sites) between 1st January and 31st December. 2. The number of Hospital (consent) autopsies carried out on adult (aged 17 and above) deaths which occurred between 1st January and 31st December.
3. The total number of paediatric (aged 16 and below) deaths within your Trust (on Trust sites) between 1st January and 31st December. 4. The number of Hospital (consent) autopsies carried out on paediatric (aged 16 and below) deaths which occurred between 1st January and 31st December.
|FOI/19/042||Safeguarding and Accommodation Costs||1/ The number and breakdowns relating to safeguarding alerts triggered concerning children in children's homes over the last 4 full financial years. 2/ The number of safeguarding alerts which have triggered an investigation under Organised/Complex Abuse. procedures concerning children’s homes and their staff over the last 4 full financial years.
3/ Over the last financial year (April 2017- March 2018), on how many occasions where looked after children went missing and were then found, were they found to have been:
a) sexually assaulted or exploited while they were missing
b) involved in the sale of drugs while they were missing
|FOI/19/043||Pension scheme||Information about Lifetime Allowance (‘the LTA’) and Annual Allowance (‘the AA’); 1. Does Trust have a policy for employees who are leaving the NHS Pension Scheme may be able to receive after leaving the scheme payment(s) equivalent to or calculated in relation to the employer pension contributions which you, as the NHS Employer, would have paid to his/her pension had they not left the scheme? 2. If you, as the NHS Employer, do not have such a policy, did you used to have one or do you intend to implement one? If you intend to implement such a policy, when do you expect that the policy will be implemented?
3. If you, as the NHS Employer, do have such a policy, how many doctors and how many non doctors that you employ have benefitted from it by receiving payments under it?
4. What are the policy criteria for establishing employees’ eligibility to receive such payments? Please provide a copy of the policy or any other documents evidencing the eligibility criteria and rules.
|FOI/19/044||Information relating to e-Rostering||Information relating to e-Rostering; what staff groups use e-rostering and uses of system.|
|FOI/19/045||Sleep disorders||How many people in Northern Ireland have had been annually diagnosed with the following sleep disorders since the year 2000. If available by hospital visits please provide: • The yearly breakdown of total numbers of visits with a diagnosis for each sleep disorder (list provided)
• The numbers of first visits/first attendance for each of of the sleep disorders (from list provided)
|FOI/19/046||Over 65's and residential care||Request for information on the registered care home beds for over 65s (for residential and nursing); including information on the number of residents who have fees paid by trust? The standard fees rates? the number of trust funded residents that pay a top up fee? expenditure on all forms of social care and support? and numbers placed outside the trust’s geographical boundary?
|FOI/19/047||ASD and Mental Health services||The current waiting times for a standard and emergency appointment for both child and adult mental health services; The care pathway for parents of children with ASD or other such conditions when accessing accident and emergency services;
What processes are in places across the western trust to make services accessible for adults or children who are on the autism spectrum.
|FOI/19/048||Pocket money paid to children in care||Details about pocket money paid to children in care and age groups|
|FOI/19/049||Thefts from patients||1.??Please disclose the number of reported thefts from patients at all sites in your trust in each of the following calendar years: 2018, 2017 & 2016. 2. For each report of theft from patients in the following calendar years, please provide a breakdown of the item/s stolen, their expected value and the full name of the site where the theft was reported. (for years 2018, 2017 & 2016)
|FOI/19/050||ICT expenditure||Details about ICT expenditure and procurement in the Trust.|
|FOI/19/051||Tyrone County Hospital site||A full monthly breakdown of costs incurred upon the Western Health Trust by the Tyrone County Hospital site in Omagh since its closure in June 2017. This includes finances spent maintaining the site, amenity bills and security costs.
|FOI/19/052||Attacks on healthcare staff||Attacks on doctors, nurses and health staff in hospitals while on duty during the period 1/1/17-31/1/17 abd 1/1/18-31/1/18.|
|FOI/19/053||Discharges from hospital||1. Number of people in the Western Trust who, after being deemed medically fit for discharge from hospital, died before their discharge took place in 2017-18. 2. Number of people in the Western Trust who, after being deemed medically fit for discharge from hospital, died before their discharged took place in 2017-18, broken down by their primary diagnosis.|
|FOI/19/054||Corporate manslaughter cases||• The number of corporate manslaughter cases brought against the Trust; 1) at any point to date and 2) in the last 10 years. Please include some brief detail of background to each case
• The outcome of each of those corporate manslaughter cases e.g. conviction against senior public servants, dismissal of public servants from their position, disciplinary action, fines, no action
• The number of corporate manslaughter cases currently being taken against each of the 5 HSC Trusts with brief detail of cases.
|FOI/19/055||Hospital acquired infections||Re: incidence rates of hospital acquired infections from January 2015 until January 2019 – broken down year by year; 1. the number of cases of NDM-1 2. the number of cases of MRSA
3. the number of cases of Vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE)
4. the number of cases of C:Diff
5. the number of cases of Necrotising fasciitis
6. the number of cases Pseudomonas aeruginosa
|FOI/19/056||Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)||• The number of cases of FGM presented to the Trust between 1 Jan 2018 and 31 Dec 2018
• A list of the five most common countries of origin for those presenting to the trust with FGM
• The age range to be given for those presenting with FGM, giving the age of the youngest person presenting and the oldest person presenting
• The number of times representatives from the Trust contacted the PSNI in relation to FGM
|FOI/19/057||Bank Staff||1.Number and breakdown by category of staff signed up to staff bank in 17/18?
2. Total spend on bank staff in 17/18? (with breakdown by staff category)
3. Details of any third party system or service to support their staff bank?
4. Details of any collaborative bank arrangement in place for medical staff?
5. Details of any collaborative bank arrangement in place for nursing staff?
|FOI/19/058||Recruitment of Nurses||For yrs 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018; • The amount of money spent on advertising to recruit nurses in regions of the UK other than NI
• The amount of money spent on advertising to recruit nurses in regions outside of the UK
• A breakdown on the type of advertising purchases (for example: print, online, etc)
• Details on the companies money was paid to for this type of advertising
|FOI/19/059||Transactions for suppliers (child care services)||1. Payments to suppliers who provide fostering and adoption services 2. Payments to suppliers who provide care services. This would include suppliers who provide care under each of below - a. Children's Residential/ Nursing, b. Adult Residential/ Nursing, c. Elderly Residential/ Nursing, d.Domiciliary Care Home Providers e. Supported Living Care Homes, f. Care at Home Providers, g. Homeless Services 3. Payments to suppliers who provide Special Education Services.
|FOI/19/060||ICT expenditure||Questions relating to ICT WAN contracts.|
|FOI/19/061||Trust Allocation/ Resource Panel||A copy of all documentation and data held by you in relation to the existence of the Trust Allocation/Resource Panel. This is to include its composition; role and guidance documentation for the discharge if its functions etc.|
|FOI/19/063||Internet gaming disorder||Information on internet gaming disorder (i.e. video game addiction) including information about the facilities and capacity to deal with internet gaming/video game addiction (number and type of staff and lowest age limit for referal to service); any plans for specific services for problem gaming/video game addiction; referral data for treatment of problem gaming since 2014 (breakdown requested).|
|FOI/19/064||Email address for person responsible for procuring IT hardware||Please could you send me, the names and contact details, including email address of any/all person(s) who are involved in the decision making-process for the Procurement of Telecoms and IT Hardware and Services for your organisation. (Eg Procurement, IT, Sustainability roles)|
|FOI/19/065||Child Autism Assessment, child psychology appointment & |
occupation therapy appointment
|The current waiting time for child autism spectrum assessments, the current waiting times for a child psychology appointment and the current waiting times for an occupation therapy appointment for a child on the autism spectrum.
|FOI/19/066||William Street Nursing Home||In relation to William Street Residential Home: • the current number of residents
• a breakdown of the current staff complement and an overview of staff who have left in the last three years
• the maximum number of residents the facility can accept
• the number of admissions refused due to lack of beds in the last three years
|FOI/19/067||Children with developmental difficulties||The number of referrals from (I) health visitors; (ii) speech and language therapists and; (iii) paediatricians to community based services for children with developmental difficulties such as Little Orchids in the last three years.|
|FOI/19/068||Strategy Progress Report & Autism Strategy Action Plan||The most up to date copy of the Autism Strategy Action Plan and the most up to date copy of the Strategy Progress Report.|
|FOI/19/069||Survey - Paediatric Allergy Services||Questionnaires for both Altnagelvin Hospital and South West Acute Hospital (SWAH) re. Paediatric Allergy Services.|
|FOI/19/070||Use of disposable nappies||1. Do you distribute any free promotional disposable nappies (such as Pampers) or reusable nappies to parents at any services, including (but not exhaustive of) antenatal, maternity, midwife, post-natal and family services? If the answer is yes to 1, please answer questions 2-7.
2. Which disposable or reusable nappy brand do you allow to distribute their promotional nappies?
3. Which services are they distributed at and how many parents use these facilities annually?
4. How frequently a year have these disposable or reusable nappy brands been able to distribute their promotional material at these services?
5. What is the process for allowing disposable or reusable nappy brands to distribute at your services and who signs it off?
6. Is there any remuneration for the NHS from these disposable or reusable nappy brands for distributing their promotional material?
|FOI/19/071||Brexit (stock-piling)||Any documentation held by the Trust relating to stockpiling (i.e. collecting larger amounts than usual in preparation for potential shortages) of medication or other medical supplies in preparation for Brexit (i.e. the UK’s withdrawal from the EU).|
|FOI/19/072||Colonoscopies||Has your hospital performed any colonoscopies from January 1, 2018 till December 31, 2018? If the answer is ‘yes’, could you provide me the no. of colonoscopies performed during this period?|
|FOI/19/073||Bowel cleansing preparations||Has the pharmacy of your hospital dispensed any bowel cleansing preparations from January 1, 2018 till December 31, 2018? • Name of dispensed brand(s) and number of packs dispensed in the 12 month period (January 1, 2018 till December 31, 2018).|
|FOI/19/074||Children living with parent / carer who misuse substances||WHSCT Figures for 2016, 2017 & 2018 in relation to: 1. Number of children & young people living with a parent/carer who currently misuses more than one substance. 2. Number of children & young people living with a parent/carer who currently misuses alcohol only.
3. Number of children & young people living with a parent/carer who currently misuses drugs only.
|FOI/19/075||Homecare services||The current numbers of homecare staff in the Trust area; The number of total clients for homecare services
• The average number of client each homecarer has
• The maximum number of clients currently allocated to homecarers
• The minimum amount of time that a homecarer can spend with a client
|FOI/19/076||Surveys - fracture services (2 separate for distal radius and paediatric forearm fracture)||Trust guidelines regarding the treatment of forearm fractures in adults and children (surveys submitted for completion).|
|FOI/19/077||Undeclared gifts||Has anyone employed at your trust personally received financial monies or any other undeclared gifts from anyone working for or on behalf of Locum's Nest?|
|FOI/19/078||Agency doctors - names of agencies||List of the agencies who have supplied Doctors to the trust in the year 2018.|
|FOI/19/079||Addiction services||1. What Is the budget for the treatment of addiction?within Adult Social Care? 2. How much was spent on residential rehabilitation in treating addiction to illicit drugs, alcohol or gambling (2008 to 2018)
3. How much was spent on non-residential rehabilitation in treating addiction to illicit drugs, alcohol or gambling (2008 to 2018)
4. Any specific programs implemented to prevent addiction?
5. The amount spent on prevention of addiction (2008 to 2018)
6. Total spend on treating addiction to illicit drugs, alcohol or gambling (2008 to 2018)
7. The current proposed budget for treating addiction to illicit drugs, alcohol or gambling until 2022?
8. How much was provided by way of the public health grant in years 2008 to 2018
|FOI/19/080||Biosimilar biologic therapies||Information request relating to the use of the new biosimilar biologic therapies; how many patients are currently being treated within rheumatology, dermatology and gastrenterology departments; does the trust record the DAS score electronically on the patient records?
|FOI/19/081||Bowel Management Patient Safety Alert||Questions about the Trust's formal written policy for digital rectal examination, digital rectal stimulation and the digital removal of faeces in spinal cord injured and other patients with neurogenic bowel dysfunction?|
|FOI/19/082||Assaults on Trust staff||Updated information for Jan - Dec 2018 for assaults on Trust staff (previous response proivided FOI/17/405) - dates of incidents, details of incidents etc.|
|FOI/19/083||Infant formula||Details of the brand(s) of infant formula milk provided in maternity units and the form in which it is provided (e.g. powdered, ready made bottles, ready made bottles with teets etc.); The amount paid and volume received in the last available financial year and details of whether the infant formula milk is purchased from them at full price, a reduced rate (including details of the reduction if applicable) or received free of charge.|
|FOI/19/085||Personal health record/ PHR/ shared record/ patient portal (e.g. Graphnet, Intersystems, Orion, PKB etc.).||1. Does Western Health and Social Care Trust use a Personal health record/ PHR/ shared record/ patient portal (e.g. Graphnet, Intersystems, Orion, PKB etc.). If yes please will you answer the following: 2. Supplier name
3. System name
4. Current contract start date
5. Current contract end date
6. Are you looking to renew this system?
7. The total contract Value (to include the licence costs, one-off implementation cost and support charge)?
|FOI/19/086||Citizenship - Looked After Children||Request for information on the number or Looked After Children in theTrust, their citizenship (i.e.
citizens of EU countries, UK, ROI or Non - EU); the citizenshipof their parents; the numbers not documented citizens of any country; the number of applications for British Citizenship / Irish Citizenship filed; the the number of these applications which have been successfully completed with the UK Home Office.
and by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade?
|FOI/19/087||Citizenship - formerly relevant young people (aged 18 - 21)||Similar request to FOI/19/087 (above) but in relation to "formerly relevant young people between the ages of 18 and 21"?|
|FOI/19/088||Citizenship - Children placed outside of the jurisdiction||Similar request to FOI/19/087 (above) but in relation to "Children from the Trust placed outside of the jurisdiction"|
|FOI/19/089||Citizenship - unattached and/or asylum seeking Children||Similar request to FOI/19/087 (above) but in relation to "unattached and/or asylum seeking Children".|
|FOI/19/090||GP practice closures||Data on GP practice closures from 1 January 2018 onwards, up until the most recent date for which you have figures.|
|FOI/19/091||Personal details re. sitting service||Enquires re provision of a 'sitting service' to a named client.|
|FOI/19/092||Haematology||Information about the Haematology workforce, we thought that the Clinical Lead for Haematology would be best-placed to provide the requested information.|
|FOI/19/093||Accident and Emergency data (Pregabalin)||For years 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 - a breakdown regarding patients dealt with by Accident and Emergency Departments who were recorded as having had pregabalin in their system.|
|FOI/19/094||Diagnostic tests?||Number of Diagnostic Tests carried out in the 12 months from 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018.|
|FOI/19/095||Management of patients with fractures of the proximal femur (hip fractures) requiring operative intervention;||1. Do you have an established, written protocol regarding the management of patients on Direct Oral Anticoagulation (DOAC) / Novel Oral Anticoagulation (NOAC) medications prior to surgery? (Yes or No)
2. Specifically, for patients on DOAC or NOAC medications, what is your protocol regarding reversal or timing of surgery?
|FOI/19/096||Mental health and wellbeing digital apps||Details about digital apps offered by the Trust to staff to support mental health/ emotional wellbeing; contract details and supplier list.|
|FOI/19/097||Spinal fusion surgery for Scoliosis||Q1) How long was the waiting list for spinal fusion surgery for Scoliosis during the months of August and September 2018? Q2)How long was the waiting list for spinal fusion surgery for Scoliosis in 2018?
Q4) How much does a fusion operation cost and how long do patients spend in hospital post operation?
Q5) How many spinal fusion procedures for Scoliosis where carried out during 2018?
|FOI/19/098||Eating disorders||Would it be possible to get a breakdown of the number of people admitted to Altnagelvin hospital for eating disorders, such as anorexia or bulimia, over the past ten years?|
|FOI/19/099||Vending machines||1.Please state how many vending machines are currently installed?in hospitals in your trust area. Please provide a comparison figure for 2014.?? 2. Please provide an annual total for any revenue/income received for having vending machines in your hospitals in each of the last five years (2014 to 2018)|
|FOI/19/100||Remote patient monitoring/telehealth||1. Does your organization presently promote/or endorse a (RPM) remote patient monitoring system to capture vital signs or other health related measurements post discharge from hospital and whilst a patient is residing in their own home or being cared for in a non-acute environment such as community hospital/hospice/residential or care home - (Measurement examples being blood pressure/weight/temperature/Oxygen Saturation/EWS/ pulse/glucose etc.)? 2. Who is the main person(s)/ decision maker (s) – who would probably be responsible for the decision to use remote patient monitoring post discharge? (Name/title/contact details etc.)|
|FOI/19/101||Department of health Transformation Projects - Pathfinder||1. Copy of the project initiation documents (PID) 2. Copy of any business cases associated with the project? 3. the financial proposals presented to the trust so far?
4. the terms of reference of the project.
5. a statement of accounts on what has been spent so far this year, and any expected spend in the remainder of this year and in subsequent year - (breakdown by each workstream if available).
|FOI/19/102||Births|| In 2014 - 2018, how many mothers who gave birth within Western Health and Social Care Trust facilities were domiciled in England, Wales or Scotland?
(b) Of these, how many gave birth in the first half of 2014 - 2018 (ie 1 January 2014 – 30 June 2014)?
(c) Of these, how many gave birth in the second half of 2014 - 2018 (ie 1 July 2014 – 31 December 2014)?
|FOI/19/103||Information on the financial years 15/16 - 16/17 and 17/18||1. The names of all the Independent domiciliary care providers in the Western Trust for 15/16 - 16/17 and 17/18? 2. What amount the Western Trust paid per month to the independent sector for domiciliary care in this year, broken down for each provider? (15/16 - 16/17 and 17/18)
3. The list of contracts awarded with numbers of hours per month in the tender for each Independent Sector provider for (15/16 - 16/17 and 17/18)
4. What was the budget for Western Trust inhouse homecare service during the financial years 15/16 - 16/17 and 17/18 ?
5. What was the number of hours worked by Western Trust Homecare staff in the financial years 15/16 - 16/17and 17/18 broken down by month?
|FOI/19/104||Job evaluation||The number of job evaluation requests by employees since 2008 to date, detail; final outcome, were successful, were a mismatch to a national profile and resulted in the request of the completion of a JAQ, for the same time period, the number of JAQs completed are outstanding. Also confirm length of time to final outcome.
|FOI/19/105||Details on deceased||Please could you kindly send me any information you may hold relating to any person who has passed away from 1/9/2018 to the date of your reply (or as recent s possible), who was assisted by a Controller for a patient, as specified under the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986. Part VII – Management of Property & Affairs of Patients.|
|FOI/19/106||Anaphylaxis||A breakdown of information regarding the number of instances when the Trust has dealt with patients who have suffered from anaphylaxis due to allergies to antibiotics, between the start of January 2014 and the end of December 2018.|
|FOI/19/107||Contact details for certain posts in Trust||Names and email address of the people within your Health Board that hold the following job title / role [list provided].|
|FOI/19/108||PEPPOL (Pan European Public Procurement On Line)||Request re the NHS adoption of PEPPOL (Pan European Public Procurement On Line) with questions. for 'the procurement team' relating to whether the Trust uses PEPPOL as the messaging standard for key documents (purchase orders, advance shipping notes, invoices) to be exchanged between the Trust and suppliers?|
|FOI/19/109||Mental Health activity||For Omagh area (or WHSCT) and specifically looking for data on young people (teenage years).: - Number of referrals to mental health services (adult)
- Number of referrals to CAHMS
- Number of referrals for young people that are anxiety related
- Number of young people seen in a year by CAHMS
- Number of young people who are inpatients for mental health
- CBT referrals
|FOI/19/110||Assaults on staff||1) The total number of physical assaults on staff for the following time periods: • 2017-2018
• 2018-2019, or up until the most recent month available 2) If available, please also release the relevant data sets for these time periods.
|FOI/19/111||Septic arthritis surveys||Completion of two surveys re.Septic Arthritis (Paediatrics and Adult)|
|FOI/19/112||Hearing/sensory impairment care services||Detailed request about hearing / sensory impairment care services; - the name, job title, email address and telephone number of the commissioner with responsibility for care for adults with sensory/hearing impairment. For financial years 2014/15 to 2017/18, and where possible, the budget or most up to date snapshot available for 2018/19, details about the total number of adults with a sensory impairment in care placements funded by the Health and Social Care Trust. Further details about care placements - type of placement and expenditure.
|FOI/19/113||Assaults on Trust staff||Numbers of assaults on NHS staff: 1. If your trust runs one or more A&E departments, could you please provide the total number of physical assaults on staff for each of the following time periods: 2018-2019 (or up until the most recent month), 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016 and 2014-2015. Please release any readily available data-sets for these time periods. 2. If your trust runs one or more A&E departments, could you please provide the total number of non-physical assaults on staff for each of the following time periods: 2018-2019 (or up until the most recent month), 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016 and 2014-2015. Please release any readily available data-sets.
3. If available, please provide a breakdown of the data for your whole trust, for the total number of physical assaults on staff by their profession (see below) for the following time periods: 2018-2019 (or until the most recent month available), 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016 and 2014-2015. Please release any readily available data-sets.
4. If recorded, please provide a breakdown of the data for your whole trust, of the total number of physical assaults on staff by aggravating factors (see below) for the following time periods: 2018-2019 (or until the most recent month available), 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016 and 2014-2015. Please release any readily available data-sets.
5. Could you please provide the amount of money spent on private security guards for each of the following years: 2018-2019 (or until the most recent month available), 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016 and 2014-2015. Please release any readily available data-sets.
|FOI/19/114||Ethicon clips used in Laparoscoptic Cholecystectomy||1. Details of any incidents regarding use of Ethicon clips used in Laparoscoptic Cholecystectomy. 2. Details of number of incidents regarding this.|
|FOI/19/115||Incidents - Portora Royal Grammar School||Details re. a named pupil at a school in the Western HSC Trust area and about incidents that occurred in 2015 & 2016. Requesting details about social services involvement, risk assessments and support offered.|
|FOI/19/116||Transactions for suppliers (child care services)||1. Payments to suppliers who provide fostering and adoption services 2. Payments to suppliers who provide care services. This would include suppliers who provide care under each of below - a. Children's Residential/ Nursing, b. Adult Residential/ Nursing, c. Elderly Residential/ Nursing, d. domiciliary Care Home Providers, e. Supported Living Care Homes, f. Care at Home Providers, g. Homeless Services. 3. Payments to suppliers who provide Special Education Services
In particular I am looking for itemized transactions for suppliers from 1st January 2019 - 31st March 2019
|FOI/19/117||Housing adaptations for people in the trust’s area who are living with motor neurone disease||9 questions about housing adaptations for people in the trust’s area who are living with motor neurone disease: fast track process, length of time to receive an assessment, length of time to receive adaptations , policy, costs, restrictions etc.|
|FOI/19/118||Nursing homes in the Western Trust||1) Please provide a copy of the form used by nursing homes to inform the Western Trust that a resident/patient has had a fall. 2) How many falls were reported to the Western Trust from Rush Hall nursing home between November 2014 and June 2015.
3) How do the Western Trust ensure residents and patients are allowed to continue to smoke when they are admitted to a nursing home?
4) How does the Western Trust ensure that all patients/residents are invited to best interest meetings, care review meetings, annual care review meetings along with their relatives/representatives? These meetings would be when a patient/resident is currently in hospital, living at family home, or already in a nursing home.
5) When would patients/residents not be invited to best interest meetings, care review meetings, annual care review meetings?
6) Are representatives/relatives ever invited to best interest meetings, care review meetings, annual care review meetings without the patient/resident (their loved one) being informed. (When they are deemed to have capacity)
|FOI/19/119||Procedures of limited clinical value||1. Do you have a list of procedures of limited clinical value? - If yes, does this currently include either a) a multidisciplinary Tier 3 or b) a Tier 4 weight management service?
- When were each of these added to the list of procedures of limited clinical value?
2. How many a) multidisciplinary Tier 3 and b) Tier 4 weight management services have you decommissioned in each of the past 5 calendar years?
- Please provide details of these.
3. Please list all the a) multidisciplinary Tier 3 and b) Tier 4 obesity services that you have commissioned in the past calendar 5 years.
4. How many patients have received either a) a multidisciplinary Tier 3 or b) a Tier 4 weight management service in each of the past 5 calendar years in your CCG area?
|FOI/19/120||Prescription of a heroin substitute||1.??Could you please provide me with figures to date of how many people are currently being prescribed a heroin substitute? (E.g. methadone, buprenorphine etc.) 2. How many people are currently on a waiting list to be prescribed a heroin substitute?
3. How long is the current waiting list to be prescribed a heroin substitute?
|FOI/19/121||Omagh Hospital UCTC Attendances 2018||For the year 2018, how may recorded patient attendances have there been at the Urgent Care and Treatment Centre (UCTC), at the Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex(OHPCC)? Of these attendances, how many were; 1) Assessed/treated and discharged by staff at the UCTC?
2) How many were referred onward to other services, eg Ambulance Service, GP/OOHGP or other Healthcare Professional?
|FOI/19/122||Labs||1. How many laboratories (please include breakdown of sites/disciplines if possible) are there within your Trust? 2. What is the headcount of laboratory staff (please include breakdown of sites/departments/roles if possible) within your Trust?
3. How many patient samples or ‘reportable laboratory activities’ are processed (please include breakdown of sites/departments if possible) by your Trust each year (please include the three most recent available years’ numbers)?
4. What number (and percentage) of your Trust’s patients have a sample processed as part of their treatment?
5. How many patient samples are taken by your Trust but not processed/analysed by NHS laboratory staff? (IE: outsourced)
6. If any, where are outsourced patient samples sent? (please include company names/addresses and number of samples sent each year)
|FOI/19/123||Silicone implants||Please can you tell me what is the recommended standard protocol and guidelines for silicone implants being monitored for silent rupture post implantation? Allergen recommend an MRI after 3 years then an MRI annually to check for ruptures. What is the standard practice and guidelines at your hospital?|
|FOI/19/124||Mobile phones||Contract details for Network Provider(s) - Please provide me with the network provider name e.g. EE, Telefonica, Vodafone, Three.|
|FOI/19/125||Details on deceased||Request for any information held by the Trust "relating to any person who has passed away from 1/2/2019 to the date of your reply (or as recent as possible), who was assisted by a Controller for a patient, as specified under the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986. Part VII – Management of Property & Affairs of Patients". (list of personal details requested)|
|FOI/19/126||Radiology?department||1.??Does your Trust Outsource Radiology Reporting (Diagnosis)?, if yes which Reporting Houses do they use? 2. In the last financial year what % of Radiology Reporting (Diagnosis) has been outsourced to companies such as 4ways, Medica, Everlight and Telemedicine.
3. What was the total spend in the last financial year for the outsourcing of Radiology Reporting (Diagnosis).
4. Has the Trust previously used the Health Trust Europe (HTE) Framework to purchase services within the Trust.
|FOI/19/127||Midwives disciplined||1) From 1st April 2015 to the present, how many midwives employed by the?Western Trust have been disciplined? 2) Of the number of midwives disciplined, how many were disciplined following a clinical incident or for issues relating to clinical practice?
3) Of those midwives disciplined, how many received a formal warning or greater sanction for the first offence?
4) From 1st April 2015 to the present, how many band 7 nurses or midwives employed by the Western Trust have been disciplined?
5) Of the number of band 7 nurses or midwives disciplined, how many were disciplined following a clinical incident or for issues relating to clinical practice?
6) Of those band 7 nurses disciplined, how many received a formal warning and/or down-banding or greater sanction for the first offence?
7) Of those band 7 midwives disciplined, how many received a formal warning and/or down-banding or greater sanction for the first offence?
|FOI/19/128||Medication management for people with Parkinson’s||Medication management for people with Parkinson’s - details about the following; Training and staff awareness
Self-administration of medication policies Carers
Patient safety incidents
|FOI/19/129||Hand drying systems||Questionnaire about hand drying systems used in the Trust; types, where used, have these changed in last year, reasons why, are there plans to change, most hygienic methods of hand drying in hospital environment.|
|FOI/19/130||Student midwife contracts||Detailed request about student midwife contracts (18 month shortened contract) from 1999 to 2019; how contracts allocated, assessment process, govt. commissioned places, how much did Trust receive per student, sick pay and overtime, etc….|
|FOI/19/131||EPR systems and staff details||Details about EPR systems, staff contact details and contracts for medical devices.|
|FOI/19/132||Treatment with Prolia||1. How many patients were started on treatment with Prolia (denosumab 60mg) in the period 1st July 2017 – 31st December 2017? 2. Of the above patients, how many were subsequently treated with Prolia (denosumab 60mg) in the period of 1st January 2018 – 30th June 2018?
3. Of these patients, how many were treated again with Prolia (denosumab 60mg) in the period 31st July 2018 – 31st December 2018?
|FOI/19/133||Mental Health provision in Fermanagh area||Request for information relating to County Fermanagh - in view of those presenting as suicidal/ depression/ anxiety/ stress. 1. Provide a copy of policy on waiting times for individuals wishing to see a mental health professional. 2. In practice what is the average waiting time an individual will wait to see a mental health professional within the Trust?
3. How many victims of suicide had been waiting to see a mental health professional within the trust?
4. How many sessions will an individual receive with a mental health professional provided by the trust? 5. How many mental health professionals are provided by the trust for Fermanagh residents presenting as suicidal or with depression/anxiety/stress?
|FOI/19/134||Smear test review||1. All electronic correspondence between all Western Health and Social Care Staff that reference ‘smear test review’ since June 1 2018. 2. All electronic correspondence between all Western Health and Social Care Staff that have the words [NAME PROVIDED] and ‘Impartial’ since June 1 2018.|
|FOI/19/135||HMRC widening access scheme||I would like information on how many applications the western trust considered under this scheme (widening access scheme) and what percentage were successful and forwarded to HMRC.|
|FOI/19/136||Delayed discharges||Please state how many patients faced delays before being discharged into care/their home. State how many days in each year these delays equated to.
In each year state the five highest delays in terms of days (e.g. patient one, discharge delayed for 300 days).
State the average cost of keeping a patient one day (overnight stay) in hospital in the last year.
How many patients died while waiting to be discharged from hospital because of a delay for years: 2016/17, 2017/18 & 2018/19?
|FOI/19/137||Patients discharged at night||Please state how many patients were discharged from wards in your hospitals. Please state how many patients were discharged from wards in your hospitals between 11pm and 6am in each of these years. Please state how many of these patients were aged over 65 in each year - 2016/17, 2017/18 & 2018/19.
|FOI/19/138||Oncology patients||Please detail the number of Oncology patients treated (either as a monotherapy or combination therapy) by your Trust with the stated therapies, during the 12 months January 2018 to December 2018 inclusive.|
|FOI/19/139||A&E attendances by postcode||I am requesting a breakdown of people who attend your type 1,2,3 emergency units for the past 5 years. Broken down into yearly brackets I am requesting attendances at the units broken down into their post code, if it is an international patient show this total separate. (Each unit should be shown separate)
|FOI/19/140||Services, awareness training, policy - LGBTQ+||Does your trust provide a specific mental health service for LGBTQ+ young people? Are your staff offered LGBTQ+ awareness training?
If yes: is this training mandatory?
Do you deliver the training in house or is it provided by an external partner?
Do you have a specific policy for working with LGBTQ+ people? (Separate from a wider equality/diversity or inclusion statement)
|FOI/19/141||Occupational Therapy vacancies||Could you let me know the number of occupational therapy vacancies in your Trust under the following headings; 1. Occupational therapists, 2. Occupational therapy support staff
3. By bandings
4. Length of time of vacancy
5. Areas of work (e.g. children, mental health , Child and adolescent mental health, reablement, etc)
1. Are there any occupational therapy posts you have found it difficult to fill such as in a particular area or banding?
2. What efforts are made to recruit into difficult to fill posts?
3. Have any occupational therapy posts been ‘lost’ due to being unable to recruit into? How many?
|FOI/19/142||Job descriptions for support workers in maternity* and the accompanying job matching analysis||Please can you provide the job descriptions for support workers in maternity and the accompanying job matching analysis.|
|FOI/19/143||Agency spend||Could you please send me a breakdown?of?your agency spend and also non contract agency spend (non tender agreement) from April 2018 to March 2019 for the following [LIST PROVIDED]|
|FOI/19/144||Total funding awarded by the WHSCT to the Voluntary and Community sector in the 2017/2018||Total funding awarded by the WHSCT to the Voluntary and Community sector in the 2017/2018 financial year please?|
|FOI/19/145||Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)||1. For each of the last three financial years and this year (up to the most recent data you have recorded) the number of patients you have treated for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Please could you include ages and genders of each patient. 2. For each of the last three financial years and this year (up to the most recent data you have recorded), the number of patients who have showed 'Obsessive decluttering' or 'Obsessive cleanliness' to be one of their symptoms. Please could you include age and gender brackets for each patient.
3. For each of the last three financial years and this year (up to the most recent data you have recorded), the number of patients who have received a diagnosis under 'Obsessive Compulsive Spartanism.' Please could you include ages and genders of each patient.”
|FOI/19/146||Flexible Working Policy and Adoption||Request re Flexible Working Policy and Adoption within NHS Trusts, including: Do you offer flexible working policies to address the different types of flexible working (listed); Headcount of the number of staff accessing flexible working by staff groups in the years 2017/18 and 2018/19; age/gender breakdown; on average how long does a flexible working agreement last; training available to managers on dealing with with flexible working; details of the application process; and any 3rd party system used.|
|FOI/19/147||Safeguarding investigations||1) How many single agency adult safeguarding investigations have taken place in 2016 , 2017 and 2018 ? 2) How many joint protocol adult safeguarding investigations have taken place in 2016 , 2017 and 2018 ?
3) A copy of all forms/letter templates that can used in adults safeguarding investigations?
4) If a person (perpetrator) is under investigation as a result of an allegation that has led to an adult safeguarding investigation should they always be interviewed and told they are under investigation?
a) What circumstances would lead to the person (perpetrator) under investigation not being told they are under investigation?
b) If the allegations are not substantiated will the person (perpetrator) under investigation receive support or an apology ?
c) What policy do adult safeguarding investigators / officers use to guide the process/case
5) In all adult safeguarding cases does the DAPO invite the RQIA to strategy meetings? If not , why not ?
6) Does the adult safeguarding final report be shared with the vulnerable adult/family? If not , why not ? What policy does the Trust staff use here to guide them?
7) in the case of a joint protocol adult safeguarding investigation , when does the vulnerable adult/ family be told that the findings of the investigation have been sent to the PPS for their decision ? What policy does the Trust staff use here to guide them?
|FOI/19/148||Current 'Equality Action Plan'||Please let me have the date of the Trust Board meeting at which your current Equality Action Plan was agreed.|
|FOI/19/149||Data on strokes (SWAH)||April 2018 to March 2019 - month by month - Of the people referred by GP/OOHC or those self presenting to accident and emergency in South West Acute hospital; 1) how many of these were identified as stroke 2) how many of these became emergency admissions
3) how many of these were identified as TIA and referred to the TIA clinic.
4)in how many cases where stroke/TIA was identified had the waiting time exceeded one hour.
5) how many required transfer to another hospital for thrombolytic treatment or another surgical intervention.
|FOI/19/150||Outpatient clinics - OHPCC & SWAH||During the period: April 2018 to March 2019; 1. Can I have a monthly breakdown by hospital and by medical specialism of the clinics held in Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex (OHPCC) and South West Acute Hospital (SWAH). 2. How many of these clinics for each mentioned hospital are carried out by doctors who are based mainly in SWAH?
3. How many of these clinics for each mentioned hospital are carried out by doctors who are based mainly in OHPCC?
4. How many of these are carried out by doctors who are mainly based in Altnagelvin?
5. How many - and in what specialism- are outpatient clinics held by specialists from outside the Western Trust And Social care trust - taking place in SWAH or in OHPCC - once again hospital by hospital please.
|FOI/19/151||IT security||1. How many IT security staff are employed by the Western Trust?? 2. How much has been spent by the trust on IT security, each year, for the past four years?
3. How many security breaches have been logged for the Western Trust?
4. Has the Western Trust undertaken a Data Security Onsite Assessment
|FOI/19/152||Flexible working applications||The total numbers of people who requested flexible working broken down into the different programmes of care and the numbers of successful requests.|
|FOI/19/153||Maintaining High Professional Standards (MHPS) procedures||How many times haveMaintaining High Professional Standards (MHPS) procedures been applied to medical staff in the Trust in each of the last ten years (or in each year for which figures are available)? • For each occasion in the last three years when MHPS procedures have been applied to medical staff, please tell me in an appropriately anonymised form: o In what form was the complaint made (i.e. verbal, in an email, in writing etc)?
o How much time elapsed between the complaint being made and the initiation of a preliminary investigation?
o Did a formal investigation take place?
If so, how much time elapsed between the complaint being made and the formal investigation being initiated?
How long did the formal investigation process take?
o Did the case result in a formal exclusion?
o Whether the case involved an exclusion or a restriction of practice?
o Whether there was any deferment of the practitioner’s revalidation while the process was being undertaken?
o Did the case have a formal conclusion or was it withdrawn?
• A copy of the Trust MHPS procedure.
|FOI/19/156||Specialist Stroke Unit||In respect of each Specialist Stroke Unit on the list that you provide, please include: 1. The address of the Stroke Unit; 2. Their emergency telephone number (or, where there is no such number available, a telephone
number for the hospital switchboard on which the relevant Stroke Unit may be contacted); and
3. If the capability to use surgical techniques to remove some thromboses via catheter is available
in the relevant Specialist Stroke Unit (or if only available in certain more specialised stroke units
please identify the units where such techniques are available).
|FOI/19/157||Contracts for Legionella||Can you please furnish me with details of the current providers of the following services, if contracts are in place for same and if possible details of start/end contract date as well as approximate next tender release; - Asbestos Consultancy
- Legionella Risk Assessments
- Legionella Monitoring
- Legionella/Water sample analysis
|FOI/19/158||Gaseous and intravenous anaesthetic agents used across theTrust||I am writing to ask about gaseous and intravenous anaesthetic agents used across your Trust. In particular, I would like to know the total volume and total amount spent individually for EACH of the following agents sevoflurane, desflurane, isoflurane, nitrous oxide, and propofol PER YEAR between 2006 and 2018 as shown below: - Total (annual) volume purchased for EACH agent (incl. sevoflurane, desflurane, isoflurane, nitrous oxide, and propofol) PER YEAR for 2006-2018 (in millilitres or litres).
- Total (annual) volume used/issued for EACH agent PER YEAR for 2006-2018 (in millilitres or litres).
|FOI/19/159||Anaesthetic Agent - Propofol||Total annual volume propofol issued / used in ICU units and operating theatres per year for 2006 - 2018 in millilitres or litres.|
|FOI/19/160||Use of medical devices||Are the western trust insured to use medical devices beyond the remit of the manufacturers recommended time limits?|
|FOI/19/161||Agency and bank spend, e-rostering and Direct Engagement||Details on; AGENCY SPEND, BANK SPEND, E-ROSTERING SYSTEM USED, DIRECT ENGAGMENT (DE) COMPANY USED. SPEND ? FY APRIL 18-APRIL 19 SYSTEM USED e.g NHSP, Medacs, LMS CONTRACT EXPIRY DATE. For doctors, nurses, AHP's, NMNC
|FOI/19/162||Systems used in Trust||Please could you confirm which systems you are using under the freedom of information act request as listed below; CoreLogic (Framework/Mosaic)
CareWorks (Care Director)
(In relation to Children, Adult Social Care)
|FOI/19/163||Multiple Sclerosis drugs||1. In your trust how many patients have a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), regardless of whether they are currently on treatment? 2. Of these MS patients, how many have been diagnosed with relapsing (RMS) or primary progressive (PPMS) MS;
3. How many patients with Multiple Sclerosis have been treated with disease modifying drugs in the past 6 months. Please include all patients whose treatment is ongoing, even those with infrequent dosing schedules (e.g. Lemtrada, Mavenclad, Ocrevus). Please provide the total number of patients by treatment for the following disease modifying drugs: [LIST PROVIDED]
|FOI/19/164||Details on deceased||Information relating to any person who has passed away from 1/3/2019 to the date of your reply (or as recent as possible), who was assisted by a Controller for a patient, as specified under the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986 Part VII – Management of Property & Affairs of Patients.|
|FOI/19/165||Telephone maintenance contract||Please can you send me updated contract information with regards to the organisation’s telephone system maintenance contract (VOIP or PBX, other) for hardware and Software maintenance and support:|
|FOI/19/166||Primary school referrals to CAMHS||1. The total number of referrals made to mental health services by primary schools (for pupils aged 11 and under) for each of the last four financial years (including 2018/19).
2. The total number of referrals declined (rejected).
3. The known most number of times an individual child referred has been declined mental health services.
4. The longest known time spent by an individual child referred by a primary school on a waiting list for mental health services over the last 4 financial years.
5. The average waiting time spent by a child referred by a primary school to be seen by mental health services in 2018/19.
|FOI/19/167||Information relating to 2 agenda items referred to in Trust Governance Committee meetings||Re. 2 specific agenda items (stated in request);  Can the minutes from the Trust Governance Committee meetings be provided for the financial year just finished - this is likely to be meetings held in June 2017, September 2017, December 2017 (mentioned above) and March 2018?  Can detail relating to changes in the governance structure be provided?
 Please provide the most recent terms of reference for both the Trust Governance Committee and its sub-committees? This should include at least the following: constitution, membership, frequency, authority, duties.
 Please provide full detail regarding consultation entered into by WHSCT with service users, carers and the public regarding any governance changes? This consultation should relate to guidelines in WHSCT PPI Consultation Scheme publication.
 Please provide the most up-to-date version of WHSCT PPI Consultation Scheme publication?
 Please provide copy of Work Plan 2019/20 for the People Committee referred to in Agenda item 2/19/14?
|FOI/19/168||Survey - how digital pathology systems are affecting/will affect histology services in the UK (NHS)||How digital pathology systems are affecting/will affect histology services in the UK (NHS).|
|FOI/19/169||Trust performance (Breast Assessment)||Time period (April 2008 to Jun 2018):- 1. Monthly running costs for each trust unit for the same period
2. Monthly summary of staffing to include:
3. Number of clinics carried out
4. Monthly number of IR1 incidents for each trust unit
5. Monthly summary of the number of patients seen from other trusts.
6. Any other information which may be gathered already or during the process of this request which would aide in the "evidence-base" for a proposal to build the resilience of the service.
|FOI/19/170||Treatments with certain drugs||1. Within your health trust how many patients are, within the past 6 months?that you have data available,?being treated with the following treatments (regardless for the disease being treated) [LIST PROVIDED] 2. How many paediatric patients have been treated in the last 6 months with Xolair/omalizumab?
|FOI/19/171||Cancer treatment||1. Within your Health Trust how many patients are currently (within the past 6 months available) being treated for Non-small cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) with the following: 1a – Does your Health Trust participate in any ongoing clinical trials for the treatment of Metastatic Non Small Cell Lung cancer patients ?
1b – If so how many patients are currently taking part in clinical trials / what is the name(s) of the trials ?
2. Within your Health Trust how many patients are currently (within the past 6 months available) being treated for Colorectal Cancer (CRC) with the following:
2a – Does your Health Trust participate in any ongoing clinical trials for the treatment of Colorectal Cancer patients ?
2b – If so how many patients are currently taking part in clinical trials / what is the name(s) of the trials ?
3. Within your Health Trust how many patients are currently (within the past 6 months available) being treated with the following:
3a – Does you Health Trust participate in any ongoing clinical trials for the treatment of Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma patients ?
3b – If so how many patients are currently taking part in clinical trials / what is the name(s) of the trials ?
|FOI/19/172||People who leave ED dept. without being treated and go on to become 'missing person'||Re 'Missing Persons' - breakdown of every time someone has been recorded as missing from an Emergency Department within your trust between 1st January 2017 and 31st December 2018.|
|FOI/19/173||List of Consultants||List of Hospital Consultants, by name and department/location, working within your trust.|
|FOI/19/174||3rd party suppliers to provide||1. Has the Trust utilised an external supplier or party to deliver Endoscopy and/or Gastroenterology services/activity on behalf of the Trust for the below periods? 2. Please list the suppliers utilised for Endoscopy and/or Gastroenterologist services/activity within the Trust and break down the amount(s) spent with each supplier over the following periods [TIME PERIODS PROVIDED]|
|FOI/19/175||List of contractors and sub-contractors for the new Omagh Hospital||Ref. the' new Omagh Hospital' - request for an up to date list of contractors, subcontractors and suppliers that have or will be involved with the development of local hospital, health and care centre, mental health and community facilities.|
|FOI/19/176||Copy of Trust's Delivery Plan 2018/19||With reference to HSCB (NI) website and draft document called 'Trust Delivery Plan 2018-2019 for the Western HSC Trust' dated 28 November 2018 (DRAFT and CONFIDENTIAL). Please confirm whether this TDP is the final Delivery Plan for WHSCT for 18-19 year and, if not, please let me have a copy of the final document. Can you provide an estimated date when the TDP for the WHSCT for 2019-2020 will be submitted to the HSCB and when it will be published?
|FOI/19/177||Stakeholders invited to the Pathfinder West Summit||List of all the stakeholders invited to the Pathfinder West Summit in Enniskillen on 9 and 10 April last.|
|FOI/19/178||Environmental? Policies||Request for information related to?Environmental?Policies held by the WHSCT: 1. The local Environmental Policy; 2. The Local Sustainability Study if this Exists; and
3. Information on what temperature the heating is set at by your estates department. If there is variation between office areas and patient areas and or seasonal variations please supply all temperature data.
|FOI/19/179||Biologics and biosimilar prescribing||Re: Biologics and Biosimilar prescribing. the numbers of patients treated in the last 12 months with the following drugs (list provided) for either Rheumatology, Dermatology and Gastroenterology departments.|
|FOI/19/180||Beltany House costs||The WHSCT operate a respite service in Omagh “Beltany House”. We would like to know how much the service costs to operate include direct and indirect costs. This is to undertake a cost comparison with our new development. The Trust has stated that respite must come under the residential regional tariffs rates. How much does it cost for a person to stay at Beltany House per night and does it equate to the regional tariffs?|
|FOI/19/181||Looked After Children and 16 & 17 year olds in supported accommodation||1. The number of looked after children (under 16) in supported/semi-supported accommodation placements on 31 March 2019. ? 2. How many children aged 16 and 17 in the care of other local authorities (ie "out of area placements") are living in supported/semi supported accommodation located within your authority on 31 March 2019.
3. Of the looked after children identified in the answer to Q2 which local authority area are they from.
4. the number of 16 and 17 year olds in your care who were in supported/ semi-supported accommodation placements outside your authority's boundaries on 31 March 2019.
5.Of the looked after children identified in the answer to Q4 which local authority area are they placed in.
|FOI/19/182||PANS/ PANDA syndrome||How many children in the Western Trust have been diagnosed with PANS/PANDAS syndrome and by which professionals were they diagnosed by?|
|FOI/19/183||Agency Nurses / Scottish Nursing Guild||1) In the last 60 days how many times have Western Trust utilised the Scottish Nursing Guild for agency nurses?
2) Which wards or departments were these SNG requests for?
3) How many long term lines of work or block bookings are currently being supplied by off framework suppliers?
4) Which wards and departments are utilising off contract agencies on lines of work or block bookings?
5) Which off Framework suppliers are currently supplying your health board with agency nurses?
|FOI/19/184||Silicone breast implants||For the Years 2015 to 2018: information on the actual numbers of women who received silicone breast implants at Altnagelvin area hospital,
(information on the actual number who went on to discover they these breast implants ruptured and fail at Derry breast screening unit, Altnagelvin area hospital).
|FOI/19/185||Acute stroke units||For each acute stroke units run by your trust for the years 2017 and 2018:
1. How many stroke consultant vacancies (WTE) were there in each year?
2. What was the whole time equivalent for band 6 and 7 nurses per 10 stroke unit beds in each year?
3. Did you offer a full time qualified psychologist in each year?
4. If yes, was one whole time equivalent (WTE) qualified clinical psychologist available for every 30 stroke unit beds in each of the years?
|FOI/19/186||Placements and spending for older person’s social services||Re: placements and spending for older person’s social services: 1. Detail of person with commissioning responsibility for adults aged 65+; 2. the gross total expenditure on older person’s (age 65+) services, as follows, for financial years 2016/17 to 2019/20; 3. figures for the total number of older people (age 65+) that the council has placed and funded in (Res Care, Nursing Care; Home Care etc); 4.figures for the numbers of older people (age 65+) that are privately funded in Res & Nursing Homes (2016/17 to 2019/2020)|
|FOI/19/187||Emergency department mental health assessment waiting times||With reference to "evidence given by the HSCB to the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission's investigation into Emergency Departments in 2015, the HSCB reported that the two hour target within which persons presenting to Emergency Departments in mental health crisis should be assessed by specialists was mostly being met."
Request for information on how many times between 1st January 2017 and 31st December 2018 has it been recorded that a person presenting to an Emergency Department in mental health crisis not been assessed within two hours.
|FOI/19/188||Foster Care expenditure||Total funding spend on foster care / other foster care related services in the Western Trust between 2008 and 2019.|
|FOI/19/189||Mental health patient homicides||The number of your patients in touch with mental health services that have committed, or who are suspected of committing, a homicide by date, for each of the calendar years 2013 – 2018 inclusive?|
|FOI/19/190||Contracts register||Details about the Trust's "contracts register" - Contract Reference, Contract Title etc. [13 HEADINGS PROVIDED]
|FOI/19/191||Childcare services||Addresses of all Family & Childcare teams and Children's Disability teams in the Western Trust.|
|FOI/19/192||Details on deceased||Details relating to any person who has passed away from 1/4/2019 to the date who was assisted by a Controller for a patient, as specified under the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986 Part VII – Management of Property & Affairs of Patients.|
|FOI/19/193||Urology / vasectomies||Details regarding Urology outpatients and Vasectomies performed in the Trust; numbers performed, number on waiting list, waiting time and number of vasectomies cancelled each year.|
|FOI/19/194||Speech & Language Therapists||Regarding 2005, 2006 & 2007 separately; Confirm the period(s) when a Speech and Language Therapist was absent from Foyleview Special School due to sickness.|
|FOI/19/195||Group Strep B support||The charity Group B Strep Support is doing some research into group B Strep prevention policies, information provision, and types of GBS testing done across the UK. Please would you fill in the spreadsheet found at this link (clicking it will download an Excel spreadsheet)|
|FOI/19/196||Cancer treatment||10 questions regarding Cancer Treatments at the Trust.|
|FOI/19/197||Coronary CT Angiography scans||1)??How many (if any) Coronary CT Angiography scans with non-invasive FFR analysis or HeartFlow analysis were performed in the financial year 2017-18? 2) How many (if any) Coronary CT Angiography scans with non-invasive FFR analysis or HeartFlow analysis were performed in the financial year 2018-19?
3) If this technology is available to the trust when did it become available?
|FOI/19/198||Organisation Structure Chart||Please could you respond with your most up-to-date Organisation Structure Chart to show the organisation’s clinical divisions and their management (clinical and non-clinical) for the following services: • Acute Services
• Mental Health services
• Allied Health Professionals, including Psychology
|FOI/19/199||Outpatient clinics - OHPCC & SWAH||for the information spreadsheets sent to my initial request, can I please ask you to add two more columns: 1. The number of clinics that each consultant held during the year , and 2. The number of patients that they each saw.|
|FOI/19/200||Continuing Healthcare||1. What was the average time period in your CCG in days/hours from the point at which a Fast Track CHC application is made to the care package being provided for the financial year 2018/19? 2. What was the average time period in days/hours from the point at which a Fast Track CHC application is approved to the care package being provided for the financial year 2018/19?
3. During the financial year 2018/19, how many applications for fast track CHC did the CCG receive?
4. During the financial year 2018/19, how many applications for fast track CHC were funded?
|FOI/19/201||Service suspensions||1) How many of your?acute services or units?(if any) had to be suspended?or closed to new admissions?in 2016, 2017 & 2018? Please name the service/unit. 2) What was the duration of each suspension/closure?
3) What was the reason for each suspension/closure?
|FOI/19/202||Community equipment services||Questionnaire about Community Equipment services.|
|FOI/19/203||Escalation beds||The number of times escalation beds were used each month between 1st January 2017 and 31st May 2019, broken down by hospital.|
|FOI/19/204||Telephone maintenance contract||Details about Trust's telephone maintenance contract for VOIP and PBX.|
|FOI/19/205||3rd party suppliers to provide Endoscopy and/or Gastroenterology services/activity||1) Has the Trust utilised?an external supplier or party?to deliver Endoscopy and/or Gastroenterology services/activity on behalf of the Trust for the below periods? 2) Please list the suppliers utilised for Endoscopy and/or Gastroenterologist services/activity within the Trust and break down the amount(s) spent with each supplier over the following periods;|
|FOI/19/206||Specialist skin cancer multidisciplinary team (SSMDT)||Does Western Trust currently have a specialist skin cancer multidisciplinary team (SSMDT)?|
|FOI/19/207||Prescribing information||Are you able to provide me with copies of all responses you have previously provided (from 2016 to the present) to any Freedom of Information requests you have received regarding prescribing information for biologics and/or biosimilars, immunology, anti-TNF or JAK inhibitors, and rheumatoid arthritis or rheumatology treatments?|
|FOI/19/208||Operations cancelled due to obesity||In all financial years from 2013/14 until 2019/20 to date, how many operations have been cancelled due to obesity across your trust? (I.e. incidents where a patient was deemed too overweight to have surgery)
Can this information be broken down in terms of a/elective surgery /urgent operations?
|FOI/19/209||Food poisioning||For the time periods: between the end of May 2013 and the end of May 2014; and between the end of May 2018 and the end of May 2019? How many inpatients developed food poisoning ( relating to E. coli, listeria, campylobacter, salmonella or other) during a stay at the hospitals in your trust?
Are meals prepared on site or off the premises by an outside provider?
For the same two time periods; How many complaints did you receive about hospital food?
|FOI/19/210||Outsourced Tele-Radiology Services||1. Did your trust outsource the reporting of diagnostic images to any teleradiology companies within the past 6 months?
2. If so, for each company, please provide the name of the teleradiology provider along with further information (listed in table provided). 3. Please break down the amount(s) spent with each supplier each month from Oct 18 to Apr 19.
|FOI/19/211||Agency Nurses / Scottish Nursing Guild||Please provide the total spend (by month and year) for Thornbury Nursing services and/or Scottish Nursing guild for tax years 2014-2015 to 2017/18 and for the past 12 months inclusive of June 2019. This request should also include any affiliated services to the Trust/Health board including, (but not limited to) Prisons, Community work, Complex care, continuing care or any other nursing related service.|
|FOI/19/212||Recording of appointments and consultations||Information relating to the recording of appointments and / or consultations that are held in private settings. Questions regarding the Trust policy on patients and / or their nominated representatives being allowed to make audio and video recordings of their appointments and / or consultations with a member of staff (a) when they ask the staff member if it is acceptable to do so; and (b) where a staff member is not informed of the recording taking place (i.e. a covert recording)?
|FOI/19/213||Details on deceased||Request for any information held by the Trust "relating to any person who has passed away from 1/5/2019 to the date of your reply (or as recent as possible), who was assisted by a Controller for a patient, as specified under the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986. Part VII – Management of Property & Affairs of Patients". (list of personal details requested)|
|FOI/19/214||Radiography & Ultrasound staffing||Request for information regarding staffing within the diagnostic radiography/ medical imaging/ ultrasound department (numbers of permanent staff, number of vacancies, number of temp agency / bank staff and spend on temp staff).|
|FOI/19/215||Domiciliary Care||For years 2013/14 to 2019/20 to date: 1. How many domiciliary care calls made by workers employed by your Trust, whether directly in the statutory sector or via contracted out services in the independent sector, were missed each year? 2. What were the reasons given for the absences?
|FOI/19/216||Agency and bank spend||Details re.: Sourced Staffing Arrangements, Agency Spend and Supply,
Internal Bank Spend,
Medical Bank Supplier.
|FOI/19/217||Employment details||Can you possible confirm that Dr [NAME PROVIDED] is currently completing his ST4 in Trauma & Orthopaedics from Feb 2018 - Current?|
|FOI/19/218||Kawasaki disease||For your Trust, please provide, per calendar year for the period January 2006 to December 2018 inclusive, the following information for each admission of Kawasaki Disease - ICD10 diagnosis (primary or secondary) of M303 Mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome: • Year of each admission
• Month of each admission
• Patient gender
• Patient ethnicity
• Age of patient at diagnosis
• First four items of patient postcode (partial postcode which is non-identifiable)
|FOI/19/219||Use of pessaries|| 1. How many new pessaries are inserted in your Trust/ CCG/ Practice in the last year?
2. How many pessaries are changed in your Trust/ CCG/ Practice in the last year?
3. What are the training requirements for a pessary practitioner in your Trust/ CCG/Practice?
4. Who provides pessary care in your Trust/ CCG/ Practice?
|FOI/19/220||Sick Leave||How many members of nursing staff took sick leave citing a mental health issue such as stress, anxiety or depression as the reason in 2018-19, 2017-18 and 2016-17? How many doctors took sick leave citing a mental health issue such as stress, anxiety or depression as the reason in 2018-19, 2017-18 and 2016-17?
How many of these were linked to allegations of bullying or harassment?
How many were linked to workload?
How many staff were disciplined over allegations of bullying in those financial years?
|FOI/19/221||Carbon monoxide poisoning||How many cases have attended A&E with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning between 1st July 2018-30th June 2019? How many cases have been treated in A&E with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning between 1st July 2018-30th June 2019?
How many confirmed deaths have there been as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning between 1st July 2014-30th June 2015, June 2016, June 2017, June 2018 & 2019?
|FOI/19/222||Corporate Finance Software?Solution||Details about corporate Finance Software Solution; supplier name, brands, description of contract, no. of users / licenses, annual spend, contract duration / start - end date / expiry / review dates.
|FOI/19/223||Domestic abuse|| 2. Do you have other policy/policies which provide for support for employees experiencing domestic abuse (for example, as part of a leave policy)? If so, please provide a copy/copies of the relevant policy/policies.
3. Please inform us when each of the policies caught by the above questions (‘the relevant policies’) were first created and, if applicable, subsequently reviewed and updated?
4. Do you have a dedicated point of contact staff member who is trained to provide information and support to employees experiencing domestic abuse? When was that role created and first made active?
5. How are HR staff and managers made aware of the existence of the relevant policies?
6. How are general staff made aware of the existence of the relevant policies?
|FOI/19/224||Assessments in cases of child abuse and neglect||1.?Do practitioners in your HSC Trust assessing abuse and neglect in children have a specified range of assessment tools to select from? Yes/No 2. Can you please answer the following question if your HSC Trust commissions/uses any externally developed assessment tools for assessing abuse and neglect in children (e.g. Signs of Safety)? We have provided a table to aid in your recording the answers:
3. Can you please answer the following questions if your HSC Trust has locally adapted any externally developed assessment tools for use by your practitioners to assess abuse and neglect? We have provided a table to aid in recording the answers:
4. Can you please answer the following questions if your HSC Trust uses any assessment tools that have been developed locally to assess abuse and neglect in children (e.g. developed in house)? We have provided a table to aid in recording the answers:
5. Does the HSC Trust provide training for staff to use assessment tools for abuse and neglect? Yes/No
|FOI/19/225||Blood products (maternity patients)||1 i) Please could you supply the dosage table for intravenous oxytocin infusion (It might be called Syntocinon.) from your Trust’s Induction of Labour (or Augmentation of Labour) policy (or policies)? If it was (they were) recently updated, please supply the previous one(s), also. ii) If named in the document, please give the make and model of infusion pump used on your labour ward. (If more than one is in use, please list them all.)
2) Please supply your month-by-month postpartum haemorrhage (PPH) statistics for last year, or, an average rate per month that includes all PPHs (i.e. over 500ml, over 1000ml and over 1500ml), whichever is easier.
3) How many units of blood or blood products were transfused to maternity patients during 2018?
4) What was the cost to your maternity service of blood and substitute blood products transfused during 2018?
5) What was the total cost of transfusion services to your maternity unit(s), including unused products that had been ordered, in 2018?
|FOI/19/226||A & E unit (Altnagelvin Hospital)||In relation to the renovation of the Altnagelvin Accident and Emergency Unit, with particular reference to a quiet space for autistic younger patients; any technical drawings, reports or minutes outlining the nature of the space, timeline and consultees.|
|FOI/19/227||ICT documents||I'd like to see the following documents: 1. ICT/IT Strategy - The ICT/IT department's strategy or plans; highlights their current and future objectives. 2. ICT Org Chart - A visual document that represents the structure of the ICT/IT department; please include name and job titles. If names can't be provided, a job title only chart is still of use.
3. ICT Annual or Business Plan - A sort of action plan, based on the ICT/IT strategy for the year or near-future.
4. ICT Capital Programme/budget - A document that shows the financial budget on current and future ICT/IT projects.
|FOI/19/228||Details on deceased||Information / details relating to any person who has passed away from 1/4/2019 to the date who was assisted by a Controller for a patient, as specified under the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986 Part VII – Management of Property & Affairs of Patients.|
|FOI/19/229||Genetic Haemochromatosis||a. For the period 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2018 (or the most recent 12 month period available), the number of patients diagnosed with genetic haemochromatosis under your care. b. For the period 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2018 (or the most recent 12 month period available), the average time in days from first referral from primary care to the patient’s first appointment within your trust.
c. A copy of the protocol and/or patient pathway applicable to the care of people with genetic haemochromatosis.
d. The date that your protocol/patient pathway for genetic haemochromatosis was last reviewed or revised.
e. A copy of your clinical protocol(s) for therapeutic venesection.
f. The date that your protocol(s) for therapeutic venesection were last reviewed or revised.
|FOI/19/230||NICE guidelines||We are looking specifically at diagnostics - NICE Guidance - DG34 - tumour profiling for breast cancer, as a recent example. We would like to understand any procurement plans you have in place as a result of this? Including dates, procurement route (open, restricted), regime (whether light touch regime, standard OJEU), likely weightings (quality vs price), or via NHS Supply Chain or other framework provider?? ?|
|FOI/19/231||AfC pay assimilation||Following a successful AfC change job request could you please advise how employees are assimilated to the new pay scale and what happens to their incremental date|
|FOI/19/232||Support for parents about pregnancy loss||Psychological support for parents who have experienced pregnancy or baby loss in the Western HSC Trust area.|
|FOI/19/233||Specialist skin cancer multidisciplinary team (SSMDT)||Information about the Specialist Skin Cancer Multidisciplinary Team (SSMDT) held in your respective NHS trust in the form of an electronic reply to each item. Details about venue, attendance records, salaries of participants, running time, new cases discussed, praparation time etc.
|FOI/19/234||Admissions related to alcohol and drug abuse||Adults admitted to Altnagelvin Hospital, from 2012-latest figures available, for conditions related to alcohol and drug abuse? Breakdown by age and gender and also if 'accidental' and 'intentional' overdoses.|
|FOI/19/235||Youths admitted to Altnagelvin Hospital in the past year for conditions related to alcohol and drug abuse||Youths admitted to Altnagelvin Hospital in the past year for conditions related to alcohol and drug abuse? Breakdown by age and gender and also if 'accidental' and 'intentional' overdoses.|
|FOI/19/236||Serious adverse incidents' that were recorded at Altnagelvin Hospital, separately, in 2018, and for the first half of 2019?||Would it be possible to get statistics for 'serious adverse incidents' that were recorded at Altnagelvin Hospital, separately, in 2018, and for the first half of 2019.? If possible the result of these serious incidents - i.e. death or serious injury.
Have deaths and serious injuries broken into separate columns.
And what if any investigations were carried out and what safety measures were then put in place?
Broken down into different categories to highlight what happened/which department the incident occurred in.
|FOI/19/237||Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (HoFH)||1.?Does the Trust diagnose patients with Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (HoFH)? 2. Does the Trust treat patients with Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (HoFH)? (further detailed request under each question).|
|FOI/19/238||Patients who received surgery outside Northern Ireland||1. How many NHS patients in Northern Ireland have received surgery outside Northern Ireland that was paid for/ reimbursed by the NHS in the last financial year?
2. What is the breakdown of locations/ countries patients are receiving these procedures? I would like this broken down into the number of patients per location.
3. What type of surgery are patients receiving - eg: knee op/ hip replacement etc?
|FOI/19/239||Job descriptions||Please provide me with the job description and banding information for your Information Governance Manager/s and Information Governance Assistant/s?|
|FOI/19/240||Job descriptions||Please provide me with the job description and banding information for your Litigation Manager/s and Litigation Assistant/s?|
|FOI/19/241||Locum and agency spend||Detailed request (17 questions) regarding locum and agency spend, including Agency spend for FY18/19 with breakdown of locum spend by framework agency,locum spend by non-framework agency; a breakdown of nurse spend by framework agency and by non-framework agency; a breakdown of AHP/HSS spend by framework agency and by non-framework agency. Confirmation of the pay rate for the highest 5 paid locums and the highest 5 paid agency nurses. Do you have formal agency pay rates and formal bank pay rates in place? If so, can these be negotiated? If so, how often is the limit adhered to? Expenditure on agency workers expenses and accommodation? etc..
|FOI/19/242||Management of international permanent recruitment||• Detailed request (12 questions) re the management of international permanent recruitment e.g. use of an 'applicant tracking system' such as Trac for permanent recruitment?
• What volume and spend in FY18/19 did the Trust have using external suppliers for the hiring of permanent staff from within the UK, from within teh EEA and from outside teh EEA (the number of hires, staff group (doctor, nurse, AHP) and cost by supplier?
• Details of any Trust contract for the hiring of permanent staff in FY19/20 - international or otherwise
|FOI/19/243||Director of Commissioning.||Request for contact details for the "Director of Commissioning".|
|FOI/19/244||Racist Incidents||1. How many racist a.) verbal b.) physical incidents have been reported by NHS employees involving patients or visitors in each of the following years: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019?
2. How many racist a.) verbal b.) physical incidents have been reported by NHS employees involving fellow NHS employees in each of the following years: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019?
|FOI/19/245||Psychiatrist||With reference to the case reported in the media of a "fake psychiatrist" using a bogus medical qualification; and GMC records that confirm she worked for the Sperrin Lakeland HSC Trust in the 1990s:
I would like to know how many patients were prescribed drugs by her during this period and how many were sectioned?
|FOI/19/246||Primary Care Talking Therapies and WellBeing Hubs||1. A list of the Hubs in your Trust area and the localities they service
2. A list of counselling providers contracted to provide counselling through the Hubs, aligned with the localities they service.
3. The number of referrals disaggregated by Hub
4. The number of patients offered counselling via the hub
5. The number of patients who took up the offer of counselling
6. The average waiting time for patients who were referred to counselling through the Hub
7. The average number of sessions provided to patients who took up the referral for counselling.
|FOI/19/247||Primary Care Talking Therapies and WellBeing Hubs||1. The annual budget allocated and the expenditure for 2018/19.
2. The financial allocation for 2019/20.
3. A copy of the evaluation report for 2018/19.
4. Details of service improvement initiatives undertaken arising from the 2018/19 evaluation.
5. Details of staffing resource allocated by the Trust to the operation of the Hub.
6. Details of the GP referral system into the Hub, including whether it’s an electronic or manual system (FTE).
|FOI/19/248||Discarded medication||What is the total cost (in pounds) of unopened and unused medication which are placed into medical waste (thrown out) from hospital wards in Northern Ireland 2018/19?
This relates to medicines specific to certain patients, which are dumped once that patient leaves hospital.
|FOI/19/249||Histology, Pathology and Radiology||Detailed request in 3 parts relating to: 1.Reporting of histology cases; 2.Procurement of GP Direct Access Pathology Services; and 3.Reporting of radiology.|
|FOI/19/250||Bounty Ltd.||1) The amount of money paid to the trust each year by Bounty to operate in wards since 2014.
2) Details of times when Bounty representatives are permitted access to wards and any restrictions on times/wards.
3) The number of complaints received by the trust about Bounty each year since 2014.
4) Are there any policies which allow patients to opt out of approaches by Bounty representatives?
5) Details of any information provided by the trust that is given to patients by Bounty.
6) Details of procedures and policies regarding the vetting of Bounty representatives prior to accessing wards.
7) A copy of any contract between Bounty and the trust.
8) Who is responsible for the Bounty representative while they are present in wards?
|FOI/19/251||Respite care placements for children or young people with disabilities||1. The number of children and young people placed in respite care for each of the last five financial years (including 2018/19)
2. The number of settings providing respite care to children and young people which have been closed over safeguarding concerns for each of the last five financial years (including 2018/19)
3. The number of safeguarding referrals concerning respite care placements where children and young people are residents for each of the last five financial years (including 2018/19).
4. The number of allegations of physical abuse in respite care placements for young people for each of the last five financial years (including 2018/19).
|FOI/19/252||Waiting time||General waiting time for ophthalmology.
|FOI/19/253||Babies delivered||With reference to a previous FOI response providing information on Maternity services and post-partum haemorrhage (our ref. FOI/19/225); a further request for the total number of deliveries per month from January - December 2018 as a baseline for the data previously provided.|
|FOI/19/254||Stool antigen tests||Has your hospital performed any stool antigen tests for helicobacter pylori testing from January 1, 2018 til December 31, 2018? If ‘yes’, how many stool antigen tests were performed during this period.|
|FOI/19/255||Ophthalmology Waiting Time||1. The waiting time for an appointment at Altnagelvin Area Hospital Ophthalmology Department, if referred on a routine basis in May 2013; and
2. The waiting time for an appointment at Altnagelvin Area Hospital Ophthalmology Department, if referred on an urgent basis in May 2013.
|FOI/19/256||Unregistered care||In each of the last four financial years (2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19) :- 1) The number of children placed in unregistered care provision?
2) The number of unregistered care settings discovered within the authority ?
3) The number of children placed inside unregistered care provision by the authority who allege to have been sexually abused or exploited while inside unregistered care provision?
4) The number of children placed inside unregistered care provision by the authority who allege to have been physically assaulted while inside unregistered care provision?
(applicant defined 'unregistered care' as provision of care somewhere that is not registered with 'Ofsted')
|FOI/19/257||Operating theatres||Request for information regarding 'Operating Theatres' in the Trust. 15 questions in total about the total number of theatres, number of 'hybrid' theatres, 'service-integrated theatres, use of Video Lifecycle management, connected recording systems, use of 'UCES / EasySuite 4k / MedPresence|
|FOI/19/258||Closure of GP surgery||Since the closure of Roslea GP surgery;
(1) A list of all correspondence between the trust and maple GP practice. Meetings minutes of meetings and who attended.
(2) Did the Trust seek assurances from maple that they could adequately cope with the influx of Roslea patients? Was a contract signed at the time? Does the Trust view a 3/4 week waiting list for an appointment acceptable?
(3) A poster displayed in Maple reception area states a recent survey shows 76 per cent of those surveyed would recommend the practice.Can you provide details on this survey when it took place who participated numbers surveyed and questions asked
|FOI/19/259||Dental service||The most up to date information on;- A. the extent of Community Dental Service and Hospital Dental Service waiting lists within the Western Trust. (6 questions re numbers waiting and numbers treated); B. the current state of child (0-10yrs) oral health ( 2 questions); C. the current state of older person (65+yrs) oral health in the Western Trust over past 5 years (2 questions); D. the financial resources allocated to Community Dental Services in the Western Trust over the past five years (5 questions).|
|FOI/19/260||Nursing Agencies||1. Current individual Nursing Agency Charge Rates for Band 2, Band 3, Band 5 and Specialist Nurses
2. Breakdown of shifts filled by each individual Nursing Agency financial year July 2018- July 2019.
3. Total Nursing Agency Spend for financial year April 2018- April 2019
4. Total Cost for each Nursing Agency used financial year April 2018- April 2019
|FOI/19/261||Cancelled operations / Surgeries||Across all quarters of 2018-2019, what were the total number of In-patient or Day-Patient surgeries cancelled by the Hospitals?|
|FOI/19/262||Transactions over ?500||Request for all transactions over ?500 from 1st April 2019 to 30th June 2019. As a minimum, please be sure to include the date, value, recipient and the procurement category of each transaction.|
|FOI/19/263||Floor plan||Request for a copy of Derry / Londonderry's Waterside Hospital floor plan?|
|FOI/19/264||Haemorrhage traumas||A list of questions relating to the number of major and massive haemorrhages for first 6 months of 2019 (including % that developed TIC, who died, avg. units of blood received, avg length of stay in ED, % that required critical care admission, avg length of stay in critical Care, and and no of days in hospital. - information re. costs and mortality rates.|
|FOI/19/265||Treatment for cocaine use||1) How many service users did you have listed as in treatment for crack cocaine each of the past 3 years?
2) What was the age range of users in treatment for crack cocaine each year? (youngest and oldest)
3) What budget did you allocate for community drug and alcohol treatment (excluding in-patient detoxification and rehabilitation) for financial years: 2014/15, 2018/19 and 2019/20?
4) What budget did you allocate for in-patient detoxification and residential rehabilitation for financial years: 2014/15, 2018/19 and 2019/20?
|FOI/19/266||Nicotine addiction||How many children (under the age of 18) have been treated for nicotine addiction, (January-December 2016; January-December 2017; January-December 2018; January to present 2019)?
What is the gender breakdown (under the age of 18) who have been treated for nicotine addiction (January-December 2016; January-December 2017; January-December 2018; January to present 2019)?
What is the youngest child who has been treated for nicotine addiction, (January-December 2016; January-December 2017; January-December 2018; January to present 2019)?
|FOI/19/267||Systems used in Trust||• The name of the main Clinical system used in the Pathology dept; in the Radiology dept; in the Endoscopy dept; and in the Cardiology dept?
• Details of the persons responsible for each of these systems?
|FOI/19/268||Electronic Patient Record (EPR)||Information about the trust’s existing EPR and contract details for this (supplier, contracts dates etc). Whether the EPR contain an integrated order communications and results reporting solution? And if the trust has implemented a patient portal solution that enables patients to access and see their results?
The name and email address of the Trust CIO / Director of IT
|FOI/19/269||Order Communications system||Request for information about the trust’s Order Communications and results reporting system and contract details for this (supplier, contracts dates etc). Which clinical departments within the trust currently use an order communications (list provided) and whether these departments’ systems are currently integrated with the order communications and results reporting solution? Does the trust extend their order communications and results reporting services to GP Practices?
|FOI/19/270||Contact details for certain posts in Trust||Contact details for the person that has the following job title / responsibility;
1. Chief of Operations / Director of Operations
2. Responsible for Transformation
3. Responsible for Clinical Audit
4. Patient Safety
5. Risk Management
|FOI/19/271||Details on deceased||Request for any information held by the Trust "relating to any person who has passed away from 1/6/2019 to the date of your reply (or as recent as possible), who was assisted by a Controller for a patient, as specified under the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986. Part VII – Management of Property & Affairs of Patients". (list of personal details requested)|
|FOI/19/272||Abuses of a position of trust of a sexual nature||Re: abuses of a position of trust of a sexual nature;
1. Please tell me the number of complaints or reports about sexual activity between an adult and children aged 16 or 17 in their care made to Children’s Gateway Single Point of Entry team in the last year (April 1st 2017 to March 31st 2018)
2. Please tell me what fields the adults complained about were working in (e.g. sport coaching, music, theatre, youth work, religion), and the number of complaints against adults in each sector.
|FOI/19/273||GP details||Request about GP surgery closures, locums and retained GPs, GPs in early 50's, no. F/T and P/T GPs, gender, no. working each year.
|FOI/19/274||Specialist car seats for children with disabilities||1. With the exclusion of provision made for school transport, does the local authority provide specialist car seats to children with disabilities? 2. Again, excluding provision made for school transport, in the financial year 2017/18 how may specialist car seats were provided by the local authority to children with disabilities?|
|FOI/19/275||Cost of legal representation for deaths of patients in Trust hospitals||1. During the calendar year 2018 what was the total spend for your mental health trust on legal representation for Article 2 inquests into the following types of death only: [TYPE OF DEATH LISTED].
2. During the calendar year 2018 what was the total spend for your mental health trust on all legal representation where your trust was legally represented as an interested person at an inquest?
|FOI/19/276||Urology department MRI use for prostate cancer diagnosis||Detailed request for information about MRI scans for prostate cancer; are they routinely conducted, % of men who receive MRI before biopsy, eligibility criteria for prostate MRI, are results used to rule some men out of biopsy as part of initial diagnostic process, threshold used for ruling men out of biopsy, no. of radiologists who report MRI scans etc.
|FOI/19/277||Private Finance Initiative (PFI) contracts||Private Finance Initiative contracts: details about projected total (whole life) cost of the scheme, when scheme first agreed, projected total (whole life) cost of the scheme, copy of the original contract/agreement, itemised list of any payments made to the PFI contractors for services not included in the original PFI deal, from the beginning of the deal to the current date, and to include exact details of what was being paid for.
|FOI/19/278||Contracting information and safeguarding incident||I am contacting you following a request from my employer, YouthAction Northern Ireland, to receive full disclosure of information regarding the contracting of my services by the Western Health and Social Services Trust and other information related to an alleged safeguarding incident reported and investigated in 2017.|
|FOI/19/279||Neo-natal units||Hospitals within WHSCT that have neonatal Units over the last 5 years - the neonatal cot complement and any changes in complement since April 1st 2016, the number of admissions to the neonatal Units for financial years 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19 & 2019/20 to date, the number of transfers from these neonatal units to other neonatal units, confirm if there are circumstances other than clinical need under which transfers between neonatal units are carried out, provide a snapshot of cot usage in these neonatal Units as of now, confirm if there is any review ongoing at present with regard to neonatal units (this can be Transformation Programme based, regionally based or within this Trust only)?
|FOI/19/280||External consultants||Did your organisation use an external consultant for any of the following functions: [LIST PROVIDED] What was the expenditure with each consultant?
|FOI/19/281||Funding for devices||1. Information about funding for devices (monitored pendant alarms and any other telecare devices/peripherals, including but not limited to (e.g bogus caller button, flood/smoke/Carbon Monoxide detectors, bed,chair,floor exit alarm / bed,chair,floor occupany alarm, sensor pads, fall detectors, door exit alarms etc) and any monitoring of such devices). 2. GPS tracking devices (including monitoring of such devices) - provide details about name of service funded, company who supplied device and total bi-annual spend.
|FOI/19/282||Recruitment of nurses||1. Does the trust recruit internationally for nurses? 2. How many nurses were hired from international locations during 2018
3. How many nurses have been hired from international locations during 2019, year to date?
4. Does the trust use recruitment agencies for international nurse recruitment?
5. Please confirm the total spend on agency fees for international nurse recruitment for the financial year 2018-2019
6. Please confirm the total spend on agency fees for international nurse recruitment for the financial year 2017-2018
|FOI/19/283||Pension scheme||1. Whether your organisation has a policy of offering payment equivalent to the employer pension fund contributions to employees who opt out of the scheme? And if so: when was this policy adopted, is this option offered to all employees by default, or is it considered on a case by case basis following requests, how many employees have taken advantage of this policy since its adoption, what was the total value of payments made until the end of July 2019?
2. Whether your organisation has made an assessment of the number of employees who are likely breach the annual allowance? If so, what assessment was made?
3. How many employees have left employment as a result of pension taxation issues?
4. How many employees have applied to reduce their working hours as a result of pension taxation issues? And how many such applications were successful?
5. Whether an internal briefing or assessment on the impact of changes to pension taxation has been provided? If so, could a copy of that document be provided?
|FOI/19/284||De-escalation and withdrawal management of prescribed opioids within WHSCT||Pathway used, guidelines adhered to, organisation al units involved in de-escalation and withdrawal management of prescribed opioids, is there a multidisciplinary team set up, no. of cases de-escalation and withdrawal management. does the WHSCT follow in dealing with de-escalation and withdrawal management of prescribed opioids?
|FOI/19/285||Sub-contractors/suppliers that are/were involved on the Altnagelvin Area Hospital Extension||Full list of all the sub-contractors/suppliers that are/were involved on the Altnagelvin Area Hospital Extension under the main contractors Farrans.|
|FOI/19/286||Axial spondyloarthritis||Details about Axial Spondyloarthritis Services in the Trust; referral, diagnosis, support, pharmacological management, non-pharmacological management, flare management, organisation of care, mental health and well-being.|
|FOI/19/287||Cancer patients||1. Within your health trust how many metastatic breast cancer patients are currently [within the past 6 months] being treated, with any therapy, surgery or palliative care. 2. Within your health trust how many breast cancer patients are currently [within the past 6 months] being treated for bone metastases with the following treatments; [LIST PROVIDED]
3. Within your health trust how many breast cancer patients are currently [within the past 6 months] being treated with adjuvant therapy with the following treatments; [LIST PROVIDED]
4. Within your health trust how many metastatic lung cancer patients are currently [within the past 6 months] being treated with any therapy, surgery or palliative care. 5. Within your health trust how many lung cancer patients are currently [within the past 6 months] being treated for bone metastases with the following treatments; [LIST PROVIDED]
6. Within your health trust how many metastatic renal cell cancer patients are currently [within the past 6 months] being treated with any therapy, surgery or palliative care.
7. Within your health trust how many renal cell carcinoma [RCC] patients are currently [within the past 6 months] being treated for bone metastases with the following treatments; [LIST PROVIDED]
|FOI/19/288||Adoption Orders||Information on adoption orders granted pertaining to the years 1950 to 1960 inclusive. Details of which organisations/agencies/institutions were involved/applied for the adoption order and from which geographical location if it/they were under one particular designated council/trust area.
Please also include: numbers of granted orders; when the applications/referrals were initiated;
if any adoption orders where granted permitting transfer to another legal jurisdiction; area of residence of prospective adoptive parents/applicants;
whether the children involved where fostered/boarded out in process and/or came directly from a specific institution e.g.borstal, hostel, mother & baby home, refuge, orphanage, etc;
ages of the baby/toddler/child; any details of any relevant vetting of prospective adoptive parents; whether or not the adoption order was retractable after a specified period( terms and conditions in place) before and or after any changes of legislation of the period.
|FOI/19/289||Details on deceased||Request for any information held by the Trust "relating to any person who has passed away from 1/7/2019 to the date of your reply (or as recent as possible), who was assisted by a Controller for a patient, as specified under the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986. Part VII – Management of Property & Affairs of Patients". (list of personal details requested)|
|FOI/19/290||Cancer diagnoses and mortality rates||I am requesting statistics/information on cancer diagnoses and mortality rates in Strabane from 2016 to 2019. Break down into; how many cancer diagnoses have been recorded from 2016 to 2019 and how many deaths have resulted due to cancer / brain tumours etc during the same timescale in Strabane??|
|FOI/19/291||Patients attending outpatient clinics||Can I please have the following information about the patients attending outpatient clinics in Western Trust. I would appreciate if you could gather this information for the following years: financial year 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19.
Provide a breakdown by hospital area, postcode area of the number of outpatients who attended each outpatient clinic.
|FOI/19/292||Details about health and wellbeing programmes to the organisation in 2018/19||Details about the total cost of employee health and wellbeing programmes to the organisation in 18/19? Access to programmes and who provides these.|
|FOI/19/293||Cancer treatments||1 - In the past 3 months, how many? Squamous Cell Non-small cell lung cancer (SqNSCLC) patients were treated with: [list of drugs provided] 2 - In the past 3 months, how many Non Squamous Cell Non-small cell lung cancer (Non SqNSCLC) patients were treated with:
3 - In the past 3 months, how many Urothelial cancer patients were treated with;
|FOI/19/294||Cancer treatments||Does your trust treat advanced breast cancer? If none, where are your patients referred?
In the past 3 months, how many advanced breast cancer patients [Stage IV] have the status of; [list provided]
In the past 3 months, how many breast cancer patients were treated with: [list provided]
|FOI/19/295||Blood Patch procedures||I write to request information on the number of blood patch procedures carried out in the trust in each of the past ten years. I also request a breakdown of:
a) the condition which the blood patch was intended to treat
b) the title of the doctor or doctors who carried out the procedure, for
example, anaesthetist, neurologist, neurosurgeon.
|FOI/19/296||Semi-independent accommodation||1) The total number of individuals who were placed by the local authority in semi-independent accommodation for each of the last four financial years (including 2018/19) 2) The total number of individuals who were placed by the local authority in semi-independent accommodation outside of the borough or local authority, for each of the last four financial years (including 2018/19)
3) For each of the last four financial years (including 2018/19), how many missing episodes occurred involving individuals placed by the local authority in semi-independent accommodation:
a) in total
b) where the individual was placed outside the borough or local authority
c) where the children were recognised as being at risk from CSE (child sexual exploitation)
4) Over the last financial year (2018/2019), on how many occasions were individuals who had been placed by the local authority in semi-independent accommodation and went missing during their placement, found to have been sexually assaulted or exploited while they were missing.
|FOI/19/297||Endometriosis awareness||Details about endometriosis; average waiting time between GP referral and actual appointment with Gynae, protocol re. ultrasounds and MRI scans, average time between appointment with Gynae team and laparoscopy date, locations of clinics, procedure for referral to pain management clinic, procedure for referral to pelvic physiotherapy clinic, procedure for referral to dietetics.|
|FOI/19/298||Heads of departments||The name, job title and email of the head of department for the following services: Endocrinology, Ophthalmology
|FOI/19/299||Director of Social Care?||Director of Social Care?details - name, address, telephone, email.|
|FOI/19/300||Director of Older People and Adults||Director of Older People & Adults?details - name, address, telephone, email.|
|FOI/19/301||Research into oncology treatments - Synagis||1. Details about the number of patients treated with Synagis. 2. Please advise which OPCS codes are used within your Trust to code respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) prophylaxis treatment. 3. If your Trust does not provide RSV prophylaxis treatment and you refer your patients to another Trust, please state to which Trust(s) patients are referred.
|FOI/19/302||Patients being treated for multiple myeloma or chronic lymphocytic leukaemia||1. Does your trust treat adult multiple myeloma [MM] ? - if you refer your multiple myeloma patients to another centre, please state which. 2. If yes, then how many multiple myeloma patients, have been treated in the past 6 months with the following; [LIST OF DRUGS PROVIDED]
3. Over the past 6 months [latest possible], how many chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) patients have you treated?
If possible, how many CLL patients treated were new to therapy in the past 3 months?
4. How many chronic lymphocytic leukaemia patients, have been treated in the past 6 months with the following; [LIST OF DRUGS DRUGS]
|FOI/19/303||Non-payment of health bills||Please state how many "health tourists" did not pay their bills in each of the last three years (up to and including 2018/19). Please state the total amount this relates to in each year. Please state the three highest bills which were not paid in each year. Please state the nationality of the patient and his/her condition.|
|FOI/19/304||Cognitive Bahavioural Therapy (CBT) services||Request about the availability of CBT services for over 65's.|
|FOI/19/305||Continuing Health Care||Procedure in the Western Trust (In SWAH in particular) for accessing and receiving the appropriate assessment for NHS Continuing Healthcare.|
|FOI/19/306||LAC panel and regulations||1. Please provide a copy of the regulations under which the Trusts LAC panel (Corporate Children’s Panel) operates. 2. Please provide the names and job titles of the members of this panel.|
|FOI/19/307||External consultants||The total expenditure on external consultants, broken down over each of the last three years, listing how much was paid to each company for each individual piece of work. Also a short comment as to what was the purpose/objective of each service.|
|FOI/19/308||Biologics and biosimilar prescribing||Biologics and biosimilar prescribing - the numbers of patients treated in the last 12 months with the following drugs (list provided) for the conditions of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Psoriasis, Crohns disease and Ulcerative Colitis.|
|FOI/19/309||Agency Nurses / Scottish Nursing Guild||How many agency nursing shifts have your Trust used the Scottish Nursing Guild for in August 2019? Please provide a breakdown of the amount of shifts per ward or Departments that SNG filled for agency nurses in August 2019.
What other nursing agencies do you use off contract/off framework?
How many nursing shifts did other off contract agencies fill in August (broken down by department and agency)?
Please list any other services within your Trust that utilise off contract suppliers. Please specify which use SNG also. This could include community or complex care packages. Please break down by service and request for the month of August.
|FOI/19/310||Gout products||Has your hospital dispensed the products listed below from January 1 2018 till December 31 2018? If the answer is ‘yes’, could you confirm the number of tablets dispensed? [LIST OF TABLETS PROVIDED]
|FOI/19/311||Staff disciplined for drug and alcohol use during working hours||How many of the Trust's staff have been disciplined for being under the influence of drugs or alcohol during working hours over the past five years (September 12, 2014 - September 12, 2019)? In what Trust facilities did these incidents took place? How many staff have been dismissed as a result of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol during working hours over the past five years (September 12, 2014 - September 12, 2019)? Did any of the Trust staff face criminal prosecutions as a result of being found to be under the influence of drugs during working hours over the past five years (September 12, 2014 - September 12, 2019)?|
|FOI/19/312||Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions||Information request regarding Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions used at your organisation. Details about RPA Budgets and RPA Supplier.
|FOI/19/313||Patient communications||Questions about appointment reminder service - type of messaging used, channel type, review date of contract etc.|
|FOI/19/314||Treatment for certain conditions with certain drugs||1. Does your trust treat Hereditary angioedema HAE? [Yes/No] 2. In the last 6 months, how many patients with Hereditary angioedema (HAE) have been treated with - [LIST OF DRUGS PROVIDED]
3. Over the past 6 months, how many patients with persistent / chronic* Immune thrombocytopenia purpura [ITP] have you treated [include all treatments such as steroids, splenectomy, immune globulins, Rituximab and TPOs]?
4. Over the past 6 months, how many patients with persistent / chronic* Immune thrombocytopenia purpura [ITP] were new to treatment with the following;
• Eltrombopag [Revolade]
• Romiplostim [Nplate]
*Patient has ITP for over 6 months and does not respond to standard active treatments
5. Over the past 6 months, how many patients have you treated with the following conditions and treatments. If None, please state None. [LIST PROVIDED]
|FOI/19/315||Drug overdose||1. How many cases have you admitted where the patient has suffered from suspected drug overdose? Please indicate what drugs were involved. 2. How many of these people went on to die as a result of their condition?
3. How many cases, per week, per year, for 10 years, have you dealt with Pregablin (both prescribed and fake) suspected overdoes? ***Please note the street terms, ‘buds’ ‘lyrica’.
For each of the above questions – please breakdown for week/month/year.
|FOI/19/316||GP referrals to Occupational Therapy services for patient assessments||GP referrals to Occupational Therapy services for patient assessments; 1. What is the criteria for categorising a patient as 'routine' or 'priority / urgent' or other? 2. Is criteria set by Department for Health or each individual trust?
3. How many patients in each trust are on waiting list as (i) Routine (ii) Priority/urgent or (iii) other?
4. What is waiting times for assessments for categories above?
|FOI/19/317||Multiple Sclerosis (MS)||1.?In your trust how many patients have a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), regardless of whether they are currently having treatment? Of these MS patients, how many have been diagnosed with relapsing (RMS) or primary progressive (PPMS) MS?
2. How many patients with Multiple Sclerosis have been treated with disease modifying drugs in the last 6 months. If you could, please include all patients whose treatment is ongoing, even those with infrequent dosing schedules (e.g. patients treated with Lemtrada, Mavenclad, Ocrevus).
3. Could you please provide the total number of patients being treated with the following drugs: [LIST PROVIDED]
|FOI/19/318||Domiciliary Care||Information for the financial year 2018/2019; 1. The names of all the Independent domiciliary care providers in Western Trust for 2018/2019 2. What amount Western Trust paid per month to the independent sector for domiciliary care in the year 2018/2019 , broken down for each provider.
3. The list of contracts awarded with numbers of hours per month in the tender for each Independent Sector provider for 2018/2019
4. What was the budget for Western Trust inhouse homecare service during the financial year 2018/2019?
5. What was the number of hours worked by Western Trust Homecare staff in the financial year 2018/2019 broken down by month?
6. What is the Western Trust budget for Independent domiciliary care services for 2018/2019 and 2019/2020?
|FOI/19/319||Intra-vitreal vials/implants||Within your trust how many of the following intra-vitreal vials/implants have been used in the latest 4 months, if possible between May to August 2019; Ranibizumab, Bevacizumab, Aflibercept, Fluocinolone & Dexamethasone?
|FOI/19/320||Treatment for colorectal cancer||Within your health trust how many patients have been treated in the past 6 months with the following agent for colorectal cancer [CRC]; [LIST PROVIDED]|
|FOI/19/321||Owen Mor Care Home||Information relaring to the closure of the enhanced unit at Owen Mor Nursing Home; notes and minutes, number of adult safeguarding investigations, number of Western Trust staff placed in home to monitor care, cost to Trust, can Trust nurses and care assistants work in a private nursing home in emergency situations, list of personnel employed by Trust who work in provate nursing home working with patients.|
|FOI/19/323||Bowel preparation for colonoscopy||Detailed request about bowel preparation for colonoscopy - April 2018 until April 2019. Number of patients who received bowel preparation laxative, number who has inadequate bowel prep, number advised to take it at single time or split into two different times, the times patients were advied to take the bowel preparation, etc.|
|FOI/19/324||Owen Mor Care Home||A copy of the Western Trust contract with Owen Mor Nursing home.|
|FOI/19/325||Ophthalmology services (Omagh Hospital & Primary Care Complex)||???????When is the current contract for IOLs (Intra ocular lenses) in Ophthalmology up for renewal? ? Who is your current IOL provider?
? Please provide annual usage in the following years: 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018 year to date
? Please provide annual spend in the following years: 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018 year to date
? In relation to IOLS what is your Route to Market /OJEU reference and contractual commitments including extension options?
? When is your Phaco machinery (for cataracts) contract up for renewal?
? Who is your current provider of the Phaco machinery?
? How many Phaco machines do you have and what are the age of these machines?
? In relation to Phaco machines what is your Route To Market /OJEU reference and contractual commitments including extension options?
? When is your VR (Vit-Ret) machinery contract up for renewal?
? Who is your current provider of the VR machinery?
? How many VR machines do you have and what are the age of these machines?
? In relation to VR machines what is your Route To Market /OJEU reference and contractual commitments including extension options?
? What type of contract do you have with your local commissioner payment by results, block contract, or an aligned incentives?
? Do you currently have a managed equipment service within your NHS Trust?
? If yes what disease area?
? How many YAG lasers linked PCO (Posterior capsule Opacification) after cataracts have you undertaken between 2017-2018 and 2018-2019?
? Does your NHS Trust outsource initiative list for cataracts to a 3rd party suppliers to support capacity inefficacies?
? If yes is this contract between the Trust and 3rd party provider or the CCG and 3rd party provider?
|FOI/19/326||Ophthalmology services (South West Acute Hospital)||See details above (FOI/19/325)|
|FOI/19/327||Ophthalmology services (Tyrone County Hospital)||See details above (FOI/19/325)|
|FOI/19/328||Deprivation of Liberty orders (DoLOs)||1/ How many children and?young people have been placed on Deprivation of Liberty orders for each of the last five financial years (including 2018/19)? Please also provide a total across the period. 2/ How many children and young people have been placed on Deprivation of Liberty orders who are Looked After Children for each of the last five financial years (including 2018/19)? Please also provide a total across the period.
3/ How many children and young people have been placed on Deprivation of Liberty orders when concerns relate to mental capacity under the Mental Capacity Act for each of the last five financial years (including 2018/19)? Please also provide a total across the period.
4/ How many children and young people have been placed on Deprivation of Liberty orders for each of the last five financial years (including 2018/19) primarily because of concerns about the child or young person going missing and which do not relate to mental capacity. For clarification, this will typically be when the young person is involved in child sexual exploitation or 'county lines' criminal exploitation. Please provide a total.
|FOI/19/329||Job description, personnel specification and job matching evaluation for Records Manager||Copy of your Health Records Manager Job description, personnel specification and job matching evaluation post information.|
|FOI/19/330||Electronic system to assist with Agenda For Change and Job Evaluation||Does the trust use an electronic system to assist with Agenda For Change and Job Evaluation.? If so how much does the trust pay?
When in the renewal date?
|FOI/19/331||Agency locum spend||Request re Locum Agency?spend?for financial year 2018/2019 broken down by staff group. Bank spend for financial year 2018/2019 with details of any external company and contract for same. Details about bank staff and if provided from external company.
Contracts and expiry dates.
|FOI/19/332||Grangewood Hospital||Copy of the Discharge Procedure for Grangewood Hospital.
|FOI/19/333||Copy of guidelines for management of preterm labour and birth & management of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage||Copies of local guidelines for; a) the management of preterm labour and birth
b) the management of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage
|FOI/19/334||Details on deceased||Information relating to any person who has passed away from 1/8/2019 to the date of your reply (or as recent as possible), who was assisted by a Controller for a patient, as specified under the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986 Part VII – Management of Property & Affairs of Patients.|
|FOI/19/336||Communication between trust's board members, tobacco cessation teams and doctors working on smoking-related diseases with Juul - a leading e-cigarette company||Details about all meetings, communication and internal discussions between your trust's board members, tobacco cessation teams and doctors working on smoking-related diseases with Juul, a leading e-cigarette company, in the past 2 years|
|FOI/19/337||Alcohol & Drug Service||Number of people who were registered as receiving treatment for misuse of alcohol and/or drugs as of September 2019 (by gender, age-range and how many are receiving treatment from statutory and non-statutory services).
Breakdown of the number of people who are on a waiting list seeking help for drug and alcohol addiction services within your trust catchment area as of September 2019.
|FOI/19/338||Independent experts and 'parental alienation'||Details about 'independent experts' used by the Trust and also number of cases of 'parental alienation'.|
|FOI/19/339||Waiting time for an appointment with the children's autism services||What is the current waiting time for an appointment with the children's autism services?|
|FOI/19/340||Essure sterlisation coils||1 What year was Essure allowed to be used within your trust? 2 Where the trainers certified to implant patient with Essure
3 How many triners did the trust have to use Essure
4 Did the trust hold any trails on Essure before implanting patients within the trust
5 How many people had Essure implanted from the date it became available
6 How many have had to get hysterectomy to remove Essure
7 Does the trust know how many women are suffering in pain daily and is the trust actually aware of the problems Essure has caused.
8 What will the trust actually do to help patients with Essure as it's on same level par as the vaginal mesh.
|FOI/19/341||Rates of pay (agency staff)||1) Are WHSCT Health Care Assistants paid a consistent 'one rate only' rate between the hours of 20.00 and 08.00? (And if so, why are agency staff paid differently ie less?) 2) Why is the variant hours of pay which currently exists (and has long existed) in payment of an agency workers' night shift at odds with what is stated in the NHS Employee handbook?|
|FOI/19/342||Physical and sexual assauls on patients by patients||1 The number of patients/service users have reported being physically assaulted by fellow patients/services during the following periods: 2016, 2017, 2018, Jan - Sept 2019. 2 The number of patients/service users that have reported being sexually assaulted by fellow patients/services for the same time periods.|
|FOI/19/343||Cardiology digital systems||System details for the following; 1)????Echocardiograms: 2) Coronary angiograms:
3) Cardiac pacemakers:
4) Cardiology patient documentation:
5) CT coronary angiograms: 6) What RIS system does your hospital use?
7) What PACS system does your hospital use?
|FOI/19/344||Ursodeoxycholic Acid 250mg Capsules||Has the pharmacy of your hospital(s) dispensed Ursodeoxycholic Acid 250mg capsules between the following periods: 1. From September 1, 2017 till August 31, 2018
2. From September 1, 2018 till August 31, 2019
|FOI/19/345||Patient treatments with drugs||How many patients have you treated for complicated skin and soft tissue infections (cSSTI ) in the last 12 months with the following: How many patients have you treated for community acquired pneumonia in the last 12 months with the following:
How many patients have you treated mucormycosis with the following in the last 12 months
How many patients with Gram negative infections, have you treated in the lst 12 months with: [LIST OF DRUGS PROVIDED FOR EACH]
|FOI/19/346||Consultant list (Medical)||Please could you provide me with the names and email addresses of all Consultants within the Medical Arena.|
|FOI/19/347||Maternity information||Please provide the number of live term infants born in your maternity unit for each of the following years; 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. Further details about maternity statistics.|
|FOI/19/348 (A)||Endoscopy and/or Gastroenterology services||1) Has the Trust utilised?an external supplier or party?to deliver Endoscopy and/or Gastroenterology services/activity on behalf of the Trust for the below periods? 2) Please list the suppliers utilised for Endoscopy and/or Gastroenterologist services/activity within the Trust and break down the amount(s) spent with each supplier over the following periods;|
|FOI/19/348 (B)||Type1 diabetics (T1Ds, insulin pump||Details about number of type1 diabetics (T1Ds) currently provided for in your Trust - further details about insulin pumps / replacement pumps and numbers waiting for these.|
|FOI/19/349||Hospital admissions due to alcohol intoxication||Please provide the following information: Hospital admissions due to alcohol intoxication, with an age breakdown. Please provide for the past 2 years separately.|
|FOI/19/350||Compensation paid by Trust||Money paid out by the Trust in compensation to the public in each of the past 3 years. Please provide a breakdown of compensations paid and reason for compensation.|
|FOI/19/351||Trust draft financial plan||A copy of the Trust draft financial plan for 2019/20. Could you also include the range of income assumptions, pressures and savings proposals which are currently being reviewed and considered as part of the Trust Delivery Plan Process.|
|FOI/19/352||Health promotion campaign - effects of screen time||Information or leaflets on the effects of screen time.|
|FOI/19/353||Gay conversion therapy||a.Are you a signatory or party to the 'Memorandum of Understanding on Conversion Therapy in the UK' Version 2 October 2017? https://www.psychotherapy.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/UKCP-Memorandum-of-Understanding-on-Conversion-Therapy-in-the-UK.pdf b. If not, do you have any separate policies, guidance, or commitments regarding treatments designed to change or alter sexual orientation (often referred to as ‘gay conversion therapy’)? c. If so, I request a copy of such policies, guidance, or commitments.|
|FOI/19/354||Resources on Gay conversion therapy||a. Have any treatments, consultations, or medical resources been commissioned, or resources spent by the Trust on efforts to try to change or alter a person’s sexual orientation (often referred to as ‘gay conversion therapy’) in the last five years? b. If so, I request a breakdown on how such resources were spent.|
|FOI/19/355||Autopsies||For each of the years 2017 and 2018 please may you provide me with- 1. The total number of adult (aged 17 and above) deaths within your Trust (on Trust sites) between 1st January and 31st December of each year. 2. The number of Hospital (consent) autopsies carried out on adult (aged 17 and above) deaths which occurred between 1st January and 31st December of each year.
|FOI/19/356||Structure charts for children’s & adults social care||Structure charts for children’s & adults social care; provide names, email addresses, contact numbers and job title of all Deputy Team Managers, Team Managers & Service Managers that manage Children & Adults Statutory Social Care Services within the Local Authority.|
|FOI/19/357||Trust policies||Policies for the Ambulatory Care unit and Maternity QI.|
|FOI/19/358||Carers employed by Owen Mor Nursing Home||Re.: Owen Mor Care Home: Detailed information on the one to one carers who are employed by the home but paid for exclusively by the trust. Could I request details of this please? (Clarification received - information in relation to the one to one contracts between the Western Trust and Owen Mor care home).|
|FOI/19/359||Queries re. WHSCT statistics on NISRA website - Palliative Care||Statistics given on Palliative medicine: 1. There has been a regional fall off in the number of outpatient attendance of approximately 44% in the past 3 years. However there has been a fall off by 75% in the same period in the Western Trust.
This fall off is especially focused in the Omagh and SWAH outpatient clinics
Omagh- has fall off of 90% in the 3 years, while SWAH - has had a fall off of 93% in the same 3 years.
Can you explain this huge fall in patients. 2. Can you define "palliative medicine" as it refer to the outpatient statistics? 3. Can you define "palliative medicine" as it refer to the outpatient statistics?
|FOI/19/360||Telecare||1) Does the organisation have an ehealth / Technology Enabled Care strategy? If so can this be shared? 2) What services currently use ehealth or Telecare and what are the future plans for these services?
3) Can you please provide, in a tabular format, the number of Telecare beneficiaries from end October 2018 until the end of September 2019?
4) How many Telecare users are in receipt of a fall related package?
5) I'm aware that the PHA currently provide funding for a Telehealth Services Manager in each of the trusts. What grade is this person in your organisation and how long have they been in that position?
|FOI/19/361||Looked After Children and International Kinship Placements||1. The total number of Looked After Children under your local authority care, where family members outside the United Kingdom were explored between January 2015 and December 2017 inclusive. 2. The number of Looked After Children under your local authority care that were subsequently placed outside the United Kingdom between January 2015 and December 2017 inclusive.
3. The number and type of placement orders used for placing Looked After Children from your local authority care with family members abroad between January 2015 and December 2017 inclusive.
|FOI/19/362||Ransomware attacks||1. In the last 5 years, how many times has your trust/hospital suffered from a ransomware attack? Please provide specific dates (months/years) if possible. 2. How much downtime did this cause (in hours)?
3. Did you pay the ransom? If so, how much was the ransom?
4. What was the total cost of the incident to your hospital/trust?
|FOI/19/363||Nutritional management of people with colorectal cancer||Nutritional management for people with colorectal cancer. Details about these services for each hospital site.|
|FOI/19/364||Agency costs||1. How much money was spent on?agency?staff in each of the last three years? Also provide the first six months of 2019/20. In each case, provide a breakdown by staff - e.g. nurses, admin, doctors 2. In each year, what was the highest rate paid for an agency worker? (per hour and/or per shift)
3. What is the pay gap for the use of agency nurses in Northern Ireland (e.g. ?40 an hour)
4. How many times was this breached in each of the last three financial years, and in the first six months of 2019/20?
|FOI/19/365||Owen Mor Care Home||Referring to interview of Owen Mor care workers and families of residents in 2016, a request for information about Investigation Report, number of care workers interviewed, emails sent / received, DAPO visits, training documents, adult safeguarding referrals.|
|FOI/19/366||Software systems||Does Trust use digital dictation software, EPMA (Electronic Prescribing) software, voice recognition software, electtronic whiteboard functionality on wards? Contact details including email address/format of the trust’s IT Director, current organisational chart for medical records, operations management and digital transformation programmes.
|FOI/19/367||Adult Safeguarding Position Report for 2017 and 2018||Copy of the Western Trust Adult Safeguarding Position Report for 2017 and 2018.|
|FOI/19/368||Total spent on bank & agency by the Trust in your financial years 2017/18 and 2018/19 by staff group||Total spent on bank & agency by the Trust in your financial years 2017/18 and 2018/19 by staff group.|
|FOI/19/369||Medical Negligence claims in the last 5 years||How many claims for medical negligence were taken against the trust in the last 5 years, how many were settled out of court and how many claims were successful?|
|FOI/19/370||Parathyroidectomies performed||How many parathyroidectomies each of the surgeons in the hospitals in your Trust have performed in 2016, 2017 and if you have the information also in 2018?|
|FOI/19/371||Informatics team and analytics||1. What is the size of your informatics team (FTE)? a. How many (or what %) of the informatics team are dedicated to workforce/HR reporting (FTE)? 2. Of the workforce/employee reporting, what is the estimated time split between standard and non-standard (custom) reporting. (examples of standard reports could include the weekly and monthly agency returns to NHS improvement and HR reporting inputs to the monthly board reports)
3. Does the trust use an analytics platform or a business intelligence (BI) reporting tool to support their organisational workforce/HR reporting requirements - excluding ESR? If so, can you please answer the below:
a. Name of the platform/reporting tool used (i.e, Qlik, Tableau, Spotfire, Microsoft)
b. Annual cost for 18/19:
c. Contract start and end date:
|FOI/19/372||Surgical dyes||Request about surgical dyes purchased and used in the Trust. Details about volume purchased, which specialties use surgical dye, how many and which procedures require dye, HES code associated with each procedure, how this is purchased.
|FOI/19/373||Allergan implants||Number of allergan implants implanted (certain dates provided), numbe rof allergan expanders implanted, number used in reconstruction, number of units used in total, number of units that the western trust implanted into women since the trust started using them, inclusive of device failures and ruptures, if they were taken out of a box and implanted.
|FOI/19/374||Owen Mor Care Home||1) How much money has been paid to Owen Mor Care Centre from Western Trust since it opened in 2015? 2) How many assaults on patients at Owen Mor are the Western Trust aware of since the care centre opened in 2015?
3) Does all people with a learning disability who attend Owen Mor for respite do they require nursing care?
4) Copy of Western Trust annual safeguarding position report since 2016.
5) How many times has Owen Mor been discussed at Western Trust board meeting in 2019?
6) How many time did social workers from Western Trust visit Owen Mor between January 1st 2019 and April 30th 2019?
|FOI/19/375||IT Service Management and Desktops ITAM trends||1. What software product(s) are you using to manage your IT Service Management (e.g. ServiceNow, Cherwell, Hornbill etc.)? 2. What software product(s) are you using to manage your desktops ITAM e.g SCCM, Manage engine etc.)? Details about vendors and contracts for each of above.|
|FOI/19/376||Patients waiting for 1st consultation||Can you give the duration a patient referred on 1st?November 2019 will expect to wait for a?first?consultation?for each of the following, broken down by urgent and routine appointments? [LIST OF SPECIALTIES PROVIDED]|
|FOI/19/377||Staff pay||1) The amount of money paid in bonuses to any employees in Band 8 and above each year since 2015, broken down by year. 2) Details of pay rises awarded to any employees in Band 8 or above since 2015.
3) The number of employees who earn more than ?70,000 a year before any other contributions or bonuses are included.
4) The number of employees who earn more than ?100,000 a year before any other contributions or bonuses are included.
|FOI/19/378||Owen Mor Care Home||1) The amount of money paid to Owen Mor Care Centre each year since 1st January 2015, broken down by year. 2) The number of times the trust has received concerns/complaints about Owen Mor Care Centre since January 2015.
3) The number of residents the trust currently has placed at Owen Mor Care Centre.
4) The number of times the trust has referred concerns about Owen Mor Care Centre to the RQIA since January 2015.
5) The number of times the trust has been informed by Owen Mor Care Centre that a patient has sustained an (i) injury, (ii) fall each year since January 2015.
|FOI/19/379||Breast Screening programme and symptomatic breast clinics||Breast Screening – (Asymptomatic): - details about service provided. Symptomatic Mammography & Breast Clinics:- details about services provided.|
|FOI/19/380||Homeless 16 & 17 year olds||In the last 12 months how many 16 and 17 year old homeless young people have been accommodated by the Trust (accommodation arranged by the Trust) where the young person was not classified as a looked after child?|
|FOI/19/381||Web filtering solutions||Which Web Filtering Solution do you currently have implemented at the trust? How many users does this support?
Who was this purchased through?
How much is the current contract value and how many years does this cover?
When is the Web Filtering contract due to expire?
Who is in charge of reviewing the web filtering contract/solution?
|FOI/19/382||Pest Control||1. how many reports/sightings of pests at hospitals in your trust area were received in each of the last three years (2017, 2018 and 2019 to date)? In each year provide a log of incidents, with the type of pest and where it was seen?
2. how much your trust has spent on pest control in each of these years?
|FOI/19/383||Juvenile ideopathic arthritis||In the last 6 months, how many patient(s) with juvenile ideopathic arthritis have been treated with (list of medications provided)|
|FOI/19/384||Transactions over ?500||All transactions over ?500 from July 2019 to Sept 2019 (3 months). As a minimum, please be sure to include the date, value, recipient and the procurement category of each transaction.|
|FOI/19/385||Owen Mor Care Home||The number of times the trust has sent adults with a learning disability, who are under the age of 65, to Owen Mor Care Centre for respite each month since January 2018.
|FOI/19/386||Equality and Diversity||For financial years 2019-20, 2018-19 and 2017-18, details about equality and diversity training; number of staff or external consultants employed to provide this training, cost of sending one member of staff on this training course, number of staff given equality or diversity awareness training, total cost of training, number of employees with a job title featuring the words "equality", "inclusivity" or "diversity", total value of salary of all employees with those words on job title, Has the Trust issued any new job postings or advertisements for permanent staff, interns, agency workers or temporary workers where the list of requirements, preferences or desired attributes make reference to the sex or race of applicants?|
|FOI/19/387||Pharmacy - WDA(H) license||Re the status of your WDA(H) license (the wholesale dealer license that allows the trust to supply drugs to care providers, such as hospices):
1. Do you hold a WDA(H) license?
2. What are the benefits of holding a WDA(H) license?
3. What are the 3 main requirements to maintain a WDA(H) license?
4. Does the WDA(H) license benefit the trust?
5. Are you likely to retain/renew the WDA(H) license? If not, what are your reasons of not wanting to hold a WDA(H) license?
|FOI/19/388||Child admissions allergic reactions||Details of the number of children (under 18) admitted to Altnagelvin Hospital for severe allergic reactions in the past ten years? Broken down to show the number of people for each age and into totals for each year?
|FOI/19/389||Deaths while on a waiting list||Deaths while on a waiting list;
1. How many people died while on a health service waiting list in your trust area in each of the last five years (including 2019 to date)
2. If possible to state, how many of the above deaths were patients on a waiting list for (1) 1 year and over (2) 3 years and over (3) five years and over
|FOI/19/390||BYOD (Bring Your Own Device to work)||1. Does the Trust allow staff to use their own devices to access work email? Yes or No.
2. Does the Trust allow staff to use their own devices for any other work-related activities? Yes or No.
3. If you answered yes to question 2 please provide a list of the types of systems that staff can access from personally owned devices?
4. Does Trust have a policy that covers BYOD or the use of personal devices at work? Yes or No.
5. If you answered yes to question 4 please could you provide a copy of your policy that covers BYOD or personal device usage at work?
|FOI/19/391||Nursing spend||For the period of April 2018 to April 2019, inclusive:
• What is your total temporary nurse spend?
• How many international nurses have you landed in the last financial year?
|FOI/19/392||Car Parking||1. State how many hospitals in your Trust 1) charge 2) do not charge for hospital car parking
2. How much did your health trust receive from hospital car park charges in 2018/19? Provide a breakdown for 1) staff 2) patients
3. Please provide comparison figures for 2016/7 and 2017/18
4. How many 1) staff 2) patients were fined for car parking offences in each year
5. How many 1) staff 2) patients had their vehicles clamped for car parking offences in each year
|FOI/19/393||Oncology patients||Please detail the number of Oncology patients treated by your Trust with the stated therapies, during the time period January 2019 to June 2019 inclusive. (list provided)|
|FOI/19/394||OT aids||List of the OT aids provided to me when I had an OT assessment earlier in the year.|
|FOI/19/395||High earners||Re: "High Earners" Please state the number of staff whose pay package exceeds ?100,000 a year (basic pay and benefits etc). Please state how many of these are non-clinical staff. Please provide comparison figures for five years ago.
|FOI/19/396||Hospital Catering||1. What is the average cost per day in pound sterling allocated to feed an inpatient with non-exceptional dietary requirements staying in each of your hospitals for the last 5 calendar years up to 2019. For ‘hospitals’ please include sites where patients stay overnight on a ward and please ignore any sites that are self catering.
2. Please list the hospital and care sites in your trust and state whether the catering service is outsourced and if outsourced please give the name of the company or companies this is currently outsourced to and the date of the outsourcing.
3. How many cases of listeriosis have been traced back to sandwiches that were given to inpatients in your trust in the last three years?
|FOI/19/397||Asthma admissions||For each hospital operated by the Trust, the total number of admissions and bed days (length of stay) for patients with a main diagnosis of asthma, broken down by:
• year since 2012 (or year and month if possible)
• age band (ideally 0-14, 15-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65-74, 75-84, 85+)
|FOI/19/398||Looked After Children||Details about "Looked after Children" (LAC) currently on NI’s Child Sexual Exploitation register (NI CSE register) in your Trust; number on the NI CSE register between Oct 31st 2016 to October 31 2019, by year, of those how many deemed "missing", number missing from care home or foster care, number currently in foster care, residential care, kinship care, hotel accommodation, or B&B accommodation?, number of ellegations of abuse, number of CSE Leads in the Trust, current waiting list in child protection cases, number of vacancies in children's social work teams, number of cases currently awaiting court action & for what length of time, number of children in your Trust area are currently living in accommodation where they are deemed to be potentially at risk or are a child protection case but are still awaiting their case to be progressed by a social worker?
|FOI/19/399||Agency Nurses / Scottish Nursing Guild (SNG)||How many agency nursing shifts have your Trust used the Scottish Nursing Guild for in October-November 2019?
Further details on breakdown of the amount of shifts per ward or Depts that SNG filled for agency nurses in October-November 2019, what other nursing agencies used off contract/off framework, how many nursing shifts did other off contract agencies fill in October-November 2019 (broken down by department and agency), list any other services within your Trust that utilise off contract suppliers. Please specify which use SNG also.
|FOI/19/400||Bowel cancer||For the period 1st April – 30th September 2019:- 1) Has the Trust paid any external supplier or party to deliver Bowel Cancer Screening procedures on behalf of the Trust over the following period 2). Please breakdown the amount spent with each supplier delivering Bowel Cancer Screening procedures to your Trust during the following periods [LIST PROVIDED]|
|FOI/19/401||Looked After Children (LAC) Siblings||1. As of today’s date (28.11.19), how many looked after children are in the care of your local authority?
2a) As of today’s date (28.11.19), how many sibling groups are in the care of your local authority?
b) What is the total number of children within those sibling groups?
3. How many sibling groups are all placed together?
4. How many children in your care, who are part of a sibling group, are not living with at least one of their siblings?
5. During the last financial year (2018-2019) and this financial year to date, How many children placed for adoption by the local authority have been separated (through adoption) from any birth siblings?
|FOI/19/403||Delivery of services to children and families (internally or commissioned)||1)??What Service do you currently provide internally, or commission from external organisations, which fit into the following categories (List Provided) 2) Have you tendered for any services which fit into the service categories below in the last 12 months. Please tick those you have tendered for and provide the date of tender completion 3) Do you plan to go out to tender for any services, which fit into the service categories below in the next 12-24 months. Please tick those you may consider going out to tender for, whilst providing the potential date of tender process to be commenced|
|FOI/19/404||Serious Adverse Incident (SAI)||Regarding a patient who died in SW Acute Hospital earlier this year (subject of an SAI). Request for information of a pesonal nature plus copies of communication, reports, etc re the dissemination of NICE clinical guideline CG174 and Trust policies/procedures re complation of an IR1 / focus on SAI investigations.|
|FOI/19/405||Workforce||List of 4 questions about solution(s) or software(s), used for Staff Bank Management;
The total (bank, agency, substantive, all others) workforce spend for financial years 2016/2017, 2017/2018 and 2018/2019.
The agency workforce spend for financial years 2016/2017, 2017/2018 and 2018/2019.
The bank workforce spend for financial years 2016/2017, 2017/2018 and 2018/2019.
|FOI/19/406||Agency staff expenditure||(1) Total amount spent by the Trust on agency (non contract) staff for period 2018/19 and 2019/20
(2) A breakdown of staff and agency spend by the following groups
(b) nursing / healthcare assistants
(c) allied health professionals
|FOI/19/407||Growth hormone treatments||Re: Growth Hormone treatments; In the past 12 months [latest 12 months available], how many patients have been treated with the following medications? [LIST PROVIDED]
|FOI/19/408||University student placements||University student placements; 1. How many long term placements (10+ months) were afforded to psychology students as part of their placement year (2nd year) to both Queens University and University of Ulster Coleraine in the last 5 years.
2. Please confirm what process the Western Trust follows in respect of requests for placements and what timeframes the decisions are made
3. Please confirm how many placements, if any, were in respect of placements with a clinical psychologist
4. Please confirm what department within the hospital the placements were offered
5. Please confirm at what level/grade the decision of whether or not to offer such a placement is made
6. How many placements were rejected?
|FOI/19/409||Selective mutism||Copy of care pathway for selective mutism.|
|FOI/19/410||Foster Care||1. The number of foster placements made for children looked after by the Trust, with the trust’s own fostering provision.
2. The number of foster placements made for children looked after by your trust, with private or voluntary sector fostering provision.
3. The total amount spent on the trust’s own fostering provision.
4. The total amount spent on private and voluntary sector fostering provision.
Please provide the information in Q1-4 for each of the last five financial years 2018/19, 2017/18, 2016/17, 2015/16, 2014/15.
5.please provide the names of the three private/ voluntary sector fostering providers with whom you have spent the most in the five year period 2014/15 to 2018/19 inclusive, and the amount spent with each.
|FOI/19/411||Health Care Assistant pay rates.||Re: WHSCT permanent health care assistant night pay rates;
1. Monday to Thursday night 8pm to 8am pay rate?
2. Friday night 8pm to 8am pay rate?
3. Saturday night. 8pm to 8am pay rate?
4. Sunday night. 8pm to 8am pay rate?
|FOI/19/412||Homeless patients||In the past 12 months (from December 1st 2018 to December 1st 2019) how many patients with no fixed address attended emergency departments in Northern Ireland?
How many patients with no fixed address were admitted to hospital in 2018-19?
|FOI/19/413||Children in unregulated placements||1) The number of placements of looked after children in unregulated placements in each of the last five calendar years, and the current calendar year to 10.12.19.
2) i) Provide a breakdown of these placements by the kind of property type they occupy (list provided) 3) A breakdown of the ages of children placed in unregulated placements
4) List the companies or charities that supplied this unregulated accommodation and care
5) State the number of incidents of serious harm, serious incidents, or other never events reported to your authority as having occurred at these unregulated placements in the 2019 calendar year to 10.12.19. Please provide any anonymised summaries of these incidents
6) Please state the total spend on unregulated placements by your authority in each of the last five calendar years, and the current calendar year to 10.12.19.
|FOI/19/414||Cancer treatments||Information in relation to the treatment of Breast Cancer and Urothelial Cancer Patients;
1. Within your health trust how many patients are currently [within the past 3 months] being treated with the following for breast cancer - list provided 2. How many patients are being treated for Neo-adjuvant breast cancer; Adjuvant breast cancer; by treatment - list provided 3. In the past 3 months, how many Urothelial cancer patients were treated with - list of treatments provided
|FOI/19/415||Site maintenance||What is the level of planned preventative maintenance compliance (i.e. planned to best industry or health standards, and then completed on time) at all sites the western trust operates in/manages/owns, and how much does it cost each year to achieve these numbers at each site?
What is the level of overdue or backlog maintenance at each site the trust operates in - please also state if this maintenance is detracting from the safe operation of any element of service delivery, or presents as a potential increased risk for the site/Trust?
|FOI/19/416||Site maintenance||Does it take the same length of time to repair similar faults at all western trust sites i.e. do all sites operate to the same service standard, and please confirm the service level expected of each site for the top 20 reported maintenance faults i.e. blocked sink etc.|
|FOI/19/417||Attacks on hospital staff (SWAH)||Provide a figure for the total number of physical attacks on staff working at the South West Acute Hospital over the last year? And, the figure for the year previous please.|
|FOI/19/418||Locum pay rate (SWAH)||Provide the figure for the average hourly rate paid to a locum doctor at the South West Acute Hospital this year? Would it also be possible to obtain a monetary figure for the highest paid locum per hour/shift at SWAH this year?|
|FOI/19/419||Overtime||1. The total number of hours' overtime worked by staff in your trust in each of the last three years, including 2018/19
2. Please state, in each year, the three highest overtime claims (hours) by an individual staff member. Please indicate the general speciality of the three workers (e.g. nurse, admin, consultant)
3. The total cost of overtime worked by staff in your trust in each of the last three years, including 2018/19.
4. Please state, in each year, the three highest overtime claims (cost) by an individual staff member. Please indicate the general speciality of the three workers (e.g. nurse, admin, consultant)
|FOI/19/420||IG documents||1) please can you send me a copy of the current subject access request acknowledgment AND response letter that you use
2) a copy of the last 5 dpias completed
3) a copy of any internal mandatory information governance training that you give to staff which was written in the last 2 years including presentation slides and videos and any other media
4) a copy of any instructions given to staff members to reduce data security breaches, for example double checking work which was written in the last 5 years
5) a list of any policies implemented in the last 2 years within the organisation to help reduce the environmental impact that the organisation has?
|FOI/19/421||Job evaluation||Copy of all NHS Job Evaluation handbooks from 2009 to 2018 to include any amendments or any additional additions within that timeframe.|
|FOI/19/422||Hospital building cladding||1. the total number of hospital buildings managed by your Trust.
2. the total number of hospital buildings that have any type of exterior cladding.
3. Of those, please state the total number that are known to have*:
a) Combustiable cladding
b) Aluminium composite material (ACM) cladding
c) High-pressure laminate (HPL) cladding
4. Please state the total number of hospital buildings with exterior cladding (any type) that have undergone cladding fire safety tests, since June 2017.
5. Of all those that have been tested , please state the outcome of that test in the following categories:
a) Passed test
b) Failed test and remedial work completed
c) Failed test and remedial work ongoing
d) Failed test and remedial work not yet started
|FOI/19/423||Local Area Network (LAN) environment||Request for details of the Trust's Local Area Network (LAN), including copy of contract with support and maintenance details, hardware, no. of users, sites, supplier details (if 3rd party), etc..|
|FOI/19/424||Management of Property and Financial Affairs||1. Does WHSCT manage Property and Financial Affairs deputyships (or the legal equivalent in N Ireland)?
2. How many deputyships (or legal equivalent) does it manage?
3. Please could you provide the name and email address of the manager of the department that handles property and financial affairs decisions for vulnerable adults for under the Western HSC Trust?
|FOI/19/425||Lung cancer||How many patients are currently [within the past 3 months] being treated with the following for Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) - list of treatments provided.
|FOI/19/428||Prescribing information||Informatiion regarding biologics and biosimilar prescribing in Rheumatology - please provide the numbers of patients treated in the last 12 months with the following drugs (list provided). If you are unable to provide figures for the drugs listed above for prescribing within Rheumatology, then could you instead provide figures for the above but regardless of disease and indication
|FOI/19/429||Tonsillectomy patients||1. Does your trust / hospital(s) offer Tonsillectomy Surgery? If yes and tonsillectomy surgery is carried out on children (under 16 years of age) please provide a copy of any information sheet relating to their operation? Please provide same for young adults (aged 16+).
2. What advice is usually given to a) Children and b) Young Adults / Adult regarding diet immediately after tonsillectomy (ie for approximately the first week or so post surgery)
|FOI/19/430||Carbon footprint and sustainability||1) Does your Trust measure its total carbon footprint? If so, what is it? Please provide in tCO2e and specify the date of measurement.
2) What was total carbon footprint in:
Years 2015-16 to 2018-19
3) How many full-time equivalent (FTE) staff are employed ?
4) Does your Trust have any targets for reducing carbon emissions?
5) What percentage of energy consumption is from fossil fuels?
6) Is your Trust taking any steps to reduce its energy consumption from fossil fuels?
7) What percentage of your Trust’s vehicle fleet are: Petrol or diesel / Hybrid / Electric vehicles
8) Does your Trust have a policy on reducing the use of single-use plastics
9) Has your Trust received any funding to spend specifically on sustainability?