The Western Trust Podiatry services are delivered by a team of HCPC registered podiatrists and podiatry assistants. Our aim is to improve the mobility, independence and quality of life for you the service users. We do this by assessing, diagnosing and treating a wide range of problems affecting the feet and lower limbs, with an emphasis on preventative care.
What We Do
The podiatry team work across a range of clinical settings in the hospital and community to provide a comprehensive foot health service, which includes:
- Nail surgery
- Podiatric management of foot pathology for patients with the following conditions: diabetes, vascular, oncology, rheumatology and renal disease
- Musculoskeletal service – the treatment of mechanical foot problems with special appliances or insoles
- Integrated Clinical Assessment and Treatment Service (ICATS)
Podiatrists assess, diagnose and treat people with feet, ankle and lower limbs problems. They aim to improve mobility, independence and quality of life for their patients and to help reduce complications associated with all risk conditions affecting the feet.
These problems can be caused by a range of conditions, including:
- bone and joint disorders, for example, arthritis
- soft tissue and muscular pathologies
- neurological and circulatory diseases
- foot injuries and infections caused by sports and other activities
Accessing Podiatry Services
Referral to the Podiatry Service can be made via your GP, other health care professional or by yourself by contacting the Podiatry Team, contact details are below.
All referrals are triaged on receipt as access criteria are in place for podiatry treatment.
COVID-19 Service Arrangements for Podiatry Department
Please email a photo of your foot wounds/ulcers to the email address below with your:
- Patient Name
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth and
- GPs Name
We will view every image and call you back with a plan. Be safe at home.
Due to the current coronavirus crisis, the Podiatry department is seeing urgent , high and active risk patients only – if you have any queries please see contact details below.
- Further Resources
Locations where this service is delivered
- Altnagelvin Area Hospital
- Community Services
- Health Centres
- Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex
- South West Acute Hospital
- Waterside Hospital