Altnagelvin Hospital and the South West Acute Hospital and Community have been awarded with the UNICEF Baby Friendly status which means our health professionals ensure parents are supported to make fully informed choices about how they feed their babies. It is our aim within the Western Trust to ensure that all mothers have appropriate information and knowledge regarding breastfeeding to make informed decisions about feeding their baby.
For more information about breastfeeding support groups in the Western Trust area, click here.
- Off to a good start: all you need to know about breastfeeding your baby
- What dads should know about breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding out and about
- A grandparent’s guide to supporting breastfeeding
- Feeding your baby
- Breastfeeding and returning to work
- Information and Advice about Breastfeeding
- UNICEF Baby Friendly