Urgent Workforce Appeal22/10/2020
In April 2020 we launched an urgent appeal for Western Trust Heroes to support the most vulnerable members of our local communities in need of our help. We sincerely want to thank all those who responded to this call.
However we are now in a further surge of COVID, affecting a number of our Independent Care Homes in the Western Trust area. We are dealing with very challenging circumstances at present and it is vital that we support these facilities to deliver essential care. We are therefore appealing again for volunteers to temporarily come and support us in creating multi-disciplinary teams to deliver support to residents and families in each locality.
Some of our Care Homes urgently need our support and we are appealing to staff in the Western Trust to consider putting your name forward to cover shifts and help many of the most vulnerable in our Community. Again, we are appealing to all staff for any support you can give, no matter how little, as every hour offered is valuable.
For Trust staff, full details and information is available on Staff West.
We are looking in particular for care assistants, nurses (all bands), nursing assistants, social workers, social care support, Allied Health Professionals and domestic / catering services.
Important points to remember
- The COVID-19 2nd Surge is having a telling impact on many Independent Care Homes in the Western Trust area
- There are significant challenges with many Community staff unavailable due to COVID-19 leave, sickness and self-isolating.
- The Western Trust continues to support Care Home facilities to deliver essential care
- We are APPEALING for Trust Staff to help provide TEMPORARY SUPPORT in Care Homes
- If you work in a different role we will prepare and support you for this new experience.
- Every hour of help to provide care can make a difference!
- We are creating multi-disciplinary teams to deliver support to residents and families in each locality
- What roles are needed? – Care assistants, nurses (all bands), nursing assistants, social workers, social care support, Allied Health Professionals and domestic/catering services.
If you can help
We urge you to consider putting your name forward as soon as possible to email@example.com, together with the following information:
- First Name
- Job Title
- Hours per week
Thank You in anticipation for your help and support.
For retired staff, or staff no longer on the nursing register
Dr Bob Brown, Director of Nursing and Primary Care & Older People’s Services is reaching out to healthcare professionals and support workers in the West to join us as part of the HSC Workforce Appeal.
The HSC Workforce Appeal has recently reopened and is currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified healthcare professionals that are not already working within Northern Ireland’s health and social care system.
Find out more and register your interest here: https://www.hscworkforceappeal.co.uk/