In the Western Trust there are about 13,000 people with a known diagnosis of diabetes. There are a few types of diabetes. The most common ones are quite different from each other: Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. There is a lot of information on the Diabetes UK website – www.diabetes.org.uk – about the forms of diabetes and their management.
Our role is to help you live with your diabetes, to limit its effect on your quality of life now, to help reduce the risk of its complications and deal with them if they occur.
Most of our clinics are Consultant led and specialty focused. These are:
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Complex Type 2 diabetes
- Pump clinic
- Transition care
- Young person diabetes clinic
- Joint Diabetes renal clinic
- Diabetes high risk foot clinic
- Joint Antenatal diabetes in pregnancy
- Joint antenatal Gestational diabetes in pregnancy
- Diabetes specialist staff led clinic