Nursing and Midwifery
Western Trust Careers Event
- Adult Nursing Career Videos
- Mental Health Nursing Careers Videos
- Children’s Nursing Careers Videos
- Midwifery Careers Videos
- Queen’s University Belfast – School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Queen’s University Belfast – Nursing and Midwifery Online Interview Candidate Information
- Ulster University – School of Nursing
- Nursing and Midwifery Careers NI
- Step into the NHS
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
- Royal College Midwifery – Become a Midwife
- Health Careers – Midwifery
Work Experience in Maternity
I would like to thank you and all the staff in the hospital very much for facilitating my volunteering experience. It has given me a fantastic insight into the role of a midwife and it definitely helped me be more passionate in my interview about why I wanted to be a midwife. I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect and hope that I will get to return to the ward for some of my placements when a student.
I am still volunteering in SWAH Maternity ward…. I am thoroughly enjoying the experience and I am getting to see and help with a wide and varied roles on the ward.
The staff are all lovely and very friendly and so far the volunteer work has made me even more determined that midwifery is the career path I want to follow.
..just wanted to let you know I had a great day on the ward! …… to hear the newborn babies was just incredible!
I am thoroughly enjoying volunteering on the ward and feel that I have settled in well and have built a good rapport with staff. I feel that volunteering on the ward will benefit me greatly in my efforts to study midwifery at queens next year.
I’m really enjoying my volunteering so far, love the insight I’m getting into midwifery and I’m happy to go ahead and choose a career in this area now thanks to my volunteering!