New Model for the Delivery of Adult Learning Disability Services
Adult Learning Disability Services and Public and Personal Involvement (PPI)
The Western Trust Adult Learning Disability Service is continuing with a process of developing an involvement mechanism for service users, carers, Trust staff and providers to shape and influence service delivery in the Western Trust Region.
Creating a ‘New Model’ through PPI to aid the delivery of Adult Learning Disability Services in the Western Trust
Following the appointment of an interim PPI Advisory Group and a series of meetings and workshop events, a model has now been proposed and agreed for moving forward with this process. This will see a new ‘Hub and Spoke’ infrastructure with 5 local implementation groups working with a Strategic Involvement Group. The 5 Local Involvement Groups will be in Limavady, Derry, Strabane, Omagh and Fermanagh.
The Strategic Involvement Group will be made up of representatives of the local hubs and this infrastructure also reflects 5 levels of involvement as per the following:
- Level 1 Involved in agreeing support/care plan with Social Worker and your relative
- Level 2 Involved in evaluating services
- Level 3 Involvement in development of services
- Level 4 Setting priorities and allocate resources for the future at service directorate level
- Level 5 Commissioning and policy development at organisational or regional level
ALD Services Strategic Involvement Group is made up of the five Local Involvement Groups in these five areas: Limavady, Omagh, Enniskillen, Strabane and Derry/Londonderry.
The interim PPI Advisory Group is working with Trust staff and the Public Health Agency (PHA) to help shape the model and is currently building firm foundations to ensure involvement is wide reaching and meaningful.
To further enhance the process, there are a number of sub-groups led by an independent facilitator to progress this work.
- Communications sub group – designing communication using a PPI service users and carers database to ensure people are involved through leaflets, interactive website, workshops etc.
- Terms Of Reference (TOR) subgroup – This group is looking at the TOR for the Strategic Involvement Group and this will dovetail with the views on how the Local Involvement Groups will operate.
- Induction and Training subgroup – This group is looking at the type of information and training which will support members of the Strategic Involvement and Local Involvement Group in their respective roles.
- Unmet Need subgroup – This group is collating unmet need which will support groups in determining the shape of services going forward.
Getting Involved – It is never too late to ‘Get Involved’
If you have not already done so and would like to get involved in the Personal and Public Involvement Process (PPI) for Learning Disability Services, then please complete the relevant Form below – for either a ‘Carer’ or ‘Service user’. Click on the link to download or read.